Coats and Gloves

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Coats and Gloves

Postby Simple » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Im looking into buying a new coat this year and wondered which coats you guys like and work well. I love hunting sun shine or complete down pour or blizzard. The coat I have now is more like a sponge then anything else, and so are my gloves.

Which coat do you prefer?
Any good water proof but moveable gloves ?
Simple
hunter

Re: Coats and Gloves

Postby vincentpa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

I have had great luck with Cabelas jacket and Columbia jacket. Gloves... If you ind gloves that remain waterproof after two years, let me know. I wouldn't pay more than $25-30 for any pair of gloves. That way you won't feel so bad when they leak.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Early season I wear a UA Skysweeper II with a hood. Late season with no precipitation I wear a wool sweater. If it rains/snows I have the Cabelas Buckbuster Gore-tex shell to go over. Also, invested in a Drake down coat this season. Give it a try and see how it works.

I rarely wear gloves, but, if I do I wear gloves, Cabelas Gore-tex for hunting, PVC for decoys throwing or Cabelas heavy Thinsulate Dri-Fowl gloves
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby MJO21 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:02 am

I have an Article Shield Waterfowl Parka. Very warm, and keeps me dry... I usually have to take off a sweatshirt under the jacket.
MJO21
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum