Conservation Order Light Goose

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Conservation Order Light Goose

Postby jägare » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 am

Hello Duck Hunting Chat Members,

I'm new here and I'm new to hunting in general. I live in the DeKalb, IL area.

Does anyone hunt the Conservation Order Light Goose season? I was reading through the waterfowl guide and it looked very interesting.
"The chase is among the best of all national pastimes; it cultivates that vigorous manliness for the lack of which in a nation, as in an individual, the possession of no other qualities can possibly atone." - Theodore Roosevelt
jägare
hunter

Re: Conservation Order Light Goose

Postby Blackcloud870 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 pm

jägare wrote:Hello Duck Hunting Chat Members,

Does anyone hunt the Conservation Order Light Goose season? I was reading through the waterfowl guide and it looked very interesting.

Yep. It's interesting, but I've not seen huntable numbers of snows in that area really ever. (1 time - like 15 years ago ) :rolleyes:

If you want to lay into em' you'll need to travel Southward my friend.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby jägare » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:
jägare wrote:Hello Duck Hunting Chat Members,

Yep. It's interesting, but I've not seen huntable numbers of snows in that area really ever. (1 time - like 15 years ago ) :rolleyes:

If you want to lay into em' you'll need to travel Southward my friend.

Thanks Blackcloud. I just had not seen much on this particular hunt on these forums and thought I would ask. Appreciate it.
"The chase is among the best of all national pastimes; it cultivates that vigorous manliness for the lack of which in a nation, as in an individual, the possession of no other qualities can possibly atone." - Theodore Roosevelt
jägare
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Go to NW Mo in the Squaw Creek area if you want to whack them in the spring.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:18 am

DuckinFool wrote:Go to NW Mo in the Squaw Creek area if you want to whack them in the spring.

:yes:

I've done that for a few year now. On a couple occasions there were around a million birds on the reservoir. It is an amazing sight to see hundreds of thousands of birds.

The only thing is that the numbers over decoys are not nearly as large as the guys that sneak up on a roost or feeding birds and ground pound them, so don't get your expectations out of line with reality. This year we are heading down to Arkansas just to hunt in a new area. We'll be hunting the first week you can bring out the electric calls so we will see how the young birds react the first time they hear a caller :yes:

It really is a cool thing that I think every duck hunter should do at least once. Plus what else are you going to hunt the second half of February through the first half of March which is the best window for hunting NW MO?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jägare » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:55 pm

DuckinFool wrote:Go to NW Mo in the Squaw Creek area if you want to whack them in the spring.

Thank you for the advice!

I'm new to hunting this year. Got my first bird last weekend. It was one of the best days I can recall.
jägare
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting