Duck Hunting Forum banner

need boot recomendation

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Drakenstien 
#1 ·
Alright so I need a new pair of knee boots. I'vs always gone with the lacrosse alpha burly's insulated and non insulated for years. But, in the last 4 years, ive gone through 5 pairs of them. Its time to look for a different brand. I dont want straight rubber. I like the neoprene like the lacrosse is. Any help?

#2 ·
Muck boots!

I have muck boot wetlands model and got them to wear while field hunting and deer hunting. Turns out I stated using them when the weather is cold, wet, and nasty at work. I wear them all the time and they are light weight and comfortable! I work on a cattle farm and have worn them on it for 3 years now... they havent failed me yet.

#3 ·
Was the same way with Alpha Burley rubber boots, liked them until I had a pair that cracked and leaked across the front shaft of the boot from being wrinkled every time I put them on.
I phoned LaCrosse customer service and sent them back for evaluation. Was given a full credit towards another pair but decided to up-grade to the side zip model Alpha-Lite 7mm neoprene, NICE BOOT ! no more wrinkling putting them on and plenty warm and comfortable. Only issue I had was in ordering,, size wise....they run a size smaller, usually wear 11, needed a 12.

Lots of fellows like the Muck boots and I can't say anything against them 'cause I've never tried them. I like to tuck in when the pants allow and don't know if that's possible with the Muck brand top elastic.

#4 ·
2500hdon37s said:
Muck boots!

I have muck boot wetlands model and got them to wear while field hunting and deer hunting. Turns out I stated using them when the weather is cold, wet, and nasty at work. I wear them all the time and they are light weight and comfortable! I work on a cattle farm and have worn them on it for 3 years now... they havent failed me yet.
X2

#5 ·
23yearsago said:
Was the same way with Alpha Burley rubber boots, liked them until I had a pair that cracked and leaked across the front shaft of the boot from being wrinkled every time I put them on.
I phoned LaCrosse customer service and sent them back for evaluation. Was given a full credit towards another pair but decided to up-grade to the side zip model Alpha-Lite 7mm neoprene, NICE BOOT ! no more wrinkling putting them on and plenty warm and comfortable. Only issue I had was in ordering,, size wise....they run a size smaller, usually wear 11, needed a 12.

Lots of fellows like the Muck boots and I can't say anything against them 'cause I've never tried them. I like to tuck in when the pants allow and don't know if that's possible with the Muck brand top elastic.
yes, its possible to tuck pants into Muck boots. thats the only way I wear mine.

#6 ·
Another vote for Mucks! I have had the Woody Max's and the Arctic Pro's for going on 5 years and love them both.

#7 ·
I can't kill my Mucks...oddly enough, they are comfortable in the summer muck with socks and amazing in the winter.. they are light, don't smell, great tread, I think a very reasonable price and I've had mine for at LEAST 6 years and I love them. No way I'd buy anything else

#8 ·
I needed something with alota of insulation. I forgot to mention that the boots i tore up were my 1000g model. I have girly feet when it comes to getting cold. I ended up getting a pair from Dick's. There 1000g field line model. I didnt really want to but they had mucks, Under Armor, and Rocky and none of them had much insulation. Besides, I was able to dig up a bunch of gift cards and money off coupons so i only ended up comming outta pocket 50 bucks. i needed them in a pinch, otherwise i would have went with the muck boots. Time will tell. Thanks for the help fellas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.