lack of activity

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

lack of activity

Postby arkie1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:40 pm

This forum is kinda dead. Lets get a little banter going. I had a decent opener. Friday I saw about 60 teal and 200 woodies. Saturday we saw 6 teal and about 20 woodies. We scratched out 4 woodies but the teal didn't wanna work. Can't believe how fast they moved out of our area. Anybody else have this happen?
arkie1
hunter

Re: lack of activity

Postby hydrilla » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Found a hole holding some ringers. They were in there Friday afternoon, and didn't have the first one show up Saturday. Shot one time and killed a hen wood duck. Had a pair of hooded mergansers sit down and swim around for a while, but couldn't bring myself to shoot them. Overall it was pretty slow. There were more people around than there were ducks. Once the wood duck slaughter ended, I heard very little shooting.
hydrilla
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 am

had birds all around us just couldnt hit anything ended up with 2 woodies had a small group of teal drop in on us but couldnt hit andything and a group of big ducks work but ended up hanging up at around 50-60 yards and not commit. not a horrible opener but could have been better.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby arkie1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:21 am

Hopefully this cold front pushes some down by this weekend. I will be hunting Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I got woodies in the swamp but I would like more than a quick shoot.
arkie1
hunter

Postby tpj070 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 am

should get more activity now that another popular waterfowl forum has been closed down today.
tpj070
hunter

Postby Gametaker » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

I only have a small track of flooded timber so I never expect much. We shot 3 limits of woodies on Saturday and I was by myself Sunday and too two woodies. Not a bad weekend for a few guys with no boat or dog.
Gametaker
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 am

Glad to hear a few getting killed, I heard that the ducks were on Seminole but didn't have time to get down there. Haven't heard good or bad from the coast.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby flyfisher76544 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Dep6 wrote:Glad to hear a few getting killed, I heard that the ducks were on Seminole but didn't have time to get down there. Haven't heard good or bad from the coast.

Coast was good....... as long as you stayed away from the 'Meca' :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Hunt where the ducks want to be, not where you want the ducks to be
flyfisher76544
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:10 pm

tpj070 wrote:should get more activity now that another popular waterfowl forum has been closed down today.

you mention that i had a buddy text and said guess i will be coming over to DHC cause the waterfowl forum got closed. i didnt know it till i tried to post and i couldnt find the post button.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Ringneck » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:57 pm

krazybronco2 wrote:
tpj070 wrote:should get more activity now that another popular waterfowl forum has been closed down today.

you mention that i had a buddy text and said guess i will be coming over to DHC cause the waterfowl forum got closed. i didnt know it till i tried to post and i couldnt find the post button.

The amount of whining, crying, and complaining on there is last 3 days could only be outdone by a room full of 2 year olds that were not given their mid-day nap......MAYBE :no: Disgusting IMO.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

-Albert Einstein
Ringneck
hunter

Postby steelshotslayer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Moved over here since said forum closed the other day as well. As for duck activity had roughly 200+ geese on a hole friday morning. Fired a single shot saturday not a goose to be seen. I assume the front that moved in friday was the single to high tail it.
Every day thousands of innocent plants are killed. Help stem the violence. Eat ducks
steelshotslayer
hunter

Postby arkie1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:35 am

I agree about the front pushing them out. Hope this new one pushes more in. I am hunting Friday morning and won't get a chance to scout before then.
arkie1
hunter

Postby steelshotslayer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:10 am

We are in the same boat on that one Friday morning will be my first opportunity back on the water with temps as low as the forecast calls for all week and even colder up north we should def get another push of birds.
Every day thousands of innocent plants are killed. Help stem the violence. Eat ducks
steelshotslayer
hunter

Postby Remman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 pm

The Mecca was packed.. But that was expected!
There is no such thing as a stranger,....... Just friends I haven't met!

"Failure isn't not knowing how to post a picture. Failure is doing it twice and then catching a wise attitude about it."....... Paul D
Remman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting