Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:19 pm

whistlingwings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:Religious bigots deserve it, especially anyone who claims to have served our country. This country was, again, founded on religious freedom; you mr. forum moderator, by promoting religious persecution are a disgusting individual and I find it hard to believe the owners of DHC let you spew your hatred.

But you mean nothing, and nobody cares about you. Lets see if these "vets" have any cojones and will stand proud in front of their real names and ranks and spew their religious hatred and bigotry like real men, not hiding behind keyboards. I doubt it.

What has flown over your head is the truth. There is a MAJOR difference between religious bigotry and calling a spade a spade. From your posts, there is a lot about Islam that you are extremely ignorant about.

:lol: I guarantee you, 101%, I know more Muslims than you do. Guarantee. You, being an uneducated bigot, believe the majority of Muslims are terrorists who dislike America, when in fact the large large majority hate violence and love America (which is why they immigrated here, genius). In fact, a higher percentage of Muslims disapprove of violence than any other religion in the US:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/musli ... lence.aspx

Your religious bigotry and hatred stinks, as does that of these nameless keyboard-hiding "vets".

I did not ask you if you knew more 'muslims' that I do. Muslims are people. Islam is a political/religious doctrine. There are a lot of muslims that are ignorant of the true nature of Islam.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:21 pm

whistlingwings wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

I'm not going to play your stupid childish "what is this? answer this question to prove it!" You're so uneducated and bigoted, you are in favor of closing Mosques and kicking all Muslims out of the USA. But being a "conservative consitutionalist" you can't rectify that with the First Amendment which guarantees the right of anyone to freely practice whatever religion they please. Your bigoted mind is obviously confused between these two contradictions.

Comeon' vets, lets hear it: name, service, rank, and how much you want to kick Muslims out of our country like Indaswamp. I'm waiting :hi:

please find the posts where I state that I am in favor of 'closing Mosques and kicking out all muslims'. And don't paraphrase, I want you to find the exact quotes.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:32 pm

whistlingwings wrote:
:lol: I guarantee you, 101%, I know more Muslims than you do. Guarantee.

I can guarantee, guarantee, there is nobody on this board that went to school with, worked with and has friends who are Muslim as I. I guarantee it.

I can guarantee, guarantee, there is nobody on this board that can claim foreign born friends from all over the world as I. I guarantee it.

The more you write, the more I lose respect for you. Actually, there's none left.

BTW, this doesn't mean anything. I know more foreigners and more Muslims. This has absolutely no impact on the subject at hand.

You are a complete moron. I'm happy you are here though. You're providing hours of entertainment. Please continue to be yourself. I'm thoroughly entertained.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:39 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Most of Oregon varies from conservative to ultra conservative with the exception of the major metropolitan areas which are a very small part of Oregon.

:lol3: More than 70% of Oregon identifies as moderate or liberal. Barely 30% conservative. Yes, as always, the uneducated rural areas are more conservative, but luckily this changes as education level increases (eg only 6% of scientists identify as Republicans: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/1 ... 29382.html).

Religious bigotry is not a conservative or liberal cause though: allowing folks to practice their religion is a tenant of our constitution, as you know. Even extremist Christians or extremist Islamists who want to impose their religious views in our non-religious laws (First Amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;")

There is zero -- zero -- chance I'd ever get in a blind with someone like you.

Coward.

I have some sad news for you there libtard. The numbers you quote came from a liberal source. Look at the statistics from the State of Oregon, not your special ed buddies blog page.

The First Amendment doesn't allow extremist religious folks to practice their religion any way they want. We don't allow polygamy, child marriages, or honor killings here.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: well said Scaup.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:One last quote:
The state also had a direct role in the training and promoting of the Sunni religious hierarchy. Even in the production of art, religion played a large role. Outside the Ottoman ruling elite, much is known about the religious conditions of town dwellers, thanks in large part to the archival records of Muslim courts. It is safe to assert that the role of Islam in everyday life was substantial.

But yet, Ohio asserts that the Ottoman empire was not islamic.... :rolleyes:

back that train up. please show me where i said this: i did not. the only think i said was that they were tolerant.

define 'tolerant'....

jizya. you aleady pointed this out. thus tolerant.

Living in Dhimmitude in an islamic country DOES NOT constitute 'tolerance', by any stretch of the imagination.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Our "values" are/were pushed with bullets and starvation. Beheading is a little to hands on for most americans i would say.

you seem to also be stuck on this Taqiyya thing and it being followed by all muslims, which i just pointed out it is not. do all christians follow all rules of christianity? nope.

we have gone over this before, there is no freedom of interpretation in Islam. You are told what to believe and you have no say in it. If you disagree, it could be considered blasphamy.

BTW, do blasphamy laws constitute 'tolerance'? If you think they do, you have a warped sense of tolerance.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:jizya. you aleady pointed this out. thus tolerant.

Living in Dhimmitude in an islamic country DOES NOT constitute 'tolerance', by any stretch of the imagination.

Well, they tolerate your existence.......until you decide to quit paying. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:28 pm

They tolerated my platoon, company, battalion, and brigades presence just fine. No jiziya required.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Our "values" are/were pushed with bullets and starvation. Beheading is a little to hands on for most americans i would say.

you seem to also be stuck on this Taqiyya thing and it being followed by all muslims, which i just pointed out it is not. do all christians follow all rules of christianity? nope.

we have gone over this before, there is no freedom of interpretation in Islam. You are told what to believe and you have no say in it. If you disagree, it could be considered blasphamy.

BTW, do blasphamy laws constitute 'tolerance'? If you think they do, you have a warped sense of tolerance.

i am bad christian (was is a better word i suppose). is the bible open to "freedom of interpretation?"
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 pm

As the word of God. No it is not. Then again what do I know? Said another bad Christian. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:55 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:As the word of God. No it is not. Then again what do I know? Said another bad Christian. :beer:

Put me on the list too.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:54 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:As the word of God. No it is not. Then again what do I know? Said another bad Christian. :beer:

Put me on the list too.

i am sure there are plenty of muslims out there who are just like us. i dont think they are going to stone me. :smile:

off to dream of the barbary pirates..... :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Andy W » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:25 am

i am bad christian (was is a better word i suppose).

Said another bad Christian.

Put me on the list too.

None of us are "good":

Rom 3:10
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:12
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
1 Cor 6:5
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
Ps 14:3
3 They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.
Ps 53:3
3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.
Andy W
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:29 am

And oddly enough, no one that believes in Christianity wants you dead because of those things...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:12 am

ohioboy wrote:i am sure there are plenty of muslims out there who are just like us. i dont think they are going to stone me. :smile:

The question is not are their Muslims that do not faithfully adhere to their religion, but what do those that are faithfully adhering to it think.

https://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=35128
In defending her pro-abortion views against the teachings of the Catholic Church in late December, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a professed Catholic, argued that restricting abortion amounts to a violation of women's free will and is inconsistent with her Catholic faith.

You can't use her as an example of a Catholic to defend Catholics. She is not being faithful to her religion.

There are many things that are debatable, but there are many others that are not.

While I know little about the details of the Koran, it is not an intellectual argument to say that there are some Catholics that are pro-abortion as if that is representative of the faith. You make the same logical error in saying there are plenty that ... Of course there are. There are billions of Muslims. There are going to be plenty that drink alcohol and eat pork.

BTW, this reminds me of when we were in a restaurant in San Fran of all places, and my Egyptian-born coworker asked about a dish that had bacon in it I believe and if they could make it without. The waiter said sure, and then said something like would you prefer ham instead :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: And I thought they were all multicultural experts out their.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

i am bad christian (was is a better word i suppose). is the bible open to "freedom of interpretation?"

As a christian, no other christian will kill you for it. :hi: Not the case with Isalm.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Gunnysway wrote:And oddly enough, no one that believes in Christianity wants you dead because of those things...

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:i am bad christian (was is a better word i suppose). is the bible open to "freedom of interpretation?"

As a christian, no other christian will kill you for it. :hi: Not the case with Isalm.

Bingo! :thumbsup:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:59 pm

ohioboy wrote:Our "values" are/were pushed with bullets and starvation. Beheading is a little to hands on for most americans i would say.

whether or not it is followed by all muslims is a moot point once you understand Islam. In Islam, following (and attempting to be) the 'Perfect' muslim is what the religion preaches...i.e. following the actions and life of Mohammad. Ask you students if this is false.

The 'doctirne' of islam is what is important because of what it really teaches. Once you comprehend which passages of the Koran have been abrogated, you will understand exactly what I am saying.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:44 pm

just so you know what it means:
ab·ro·gate
ˈabrəˌgāt/
verb
formal
verb: abrogate; 3rd person present: abrogates; past tense: abrogated; past participle: abrogated; gerund or present participle: abrogating

repeal or do away with (a law, right, or formal agreement).
"a proposal to abrogate temporarily the right to strike"
synonyms: repeal, revoke, rescind, repudiate, overturn, annul; More

much of the book of Mecca has been abrogated by mohammad in the book of Medina,

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:05 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:Our "values" are/were pushed with bullets and starvation. Beheading is a little to hands on for most americans i would say.

whether or not it is followed by all muslims is a moot point once you understand Islam. In Islam, following (and attempting to be) the 'Perfect' muslim is what the religion preaches...i.e. following the actions and life of Mohammad. Ask you students if this is false.

The 'doctirne' of islam is what is important because of what it really teaches. Once you comprehend which passages of the Koran have been abrogated, you will understand exactly what I am saying.

im curious. Swamp, have you ever met a muslim?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:13 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Ask your students if what I say is correct about following the actions of Mohammad.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:50 am

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Ask your students if what I say is correct about following the actions of Mohammad.

i will on monday. care to answer my question?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:45 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

i will on monday. care to answer my question?

Of course I've met muslims.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:42 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:One last quote:
The state also had a direct role in the training and promoting of the Sunni religious hierarchy. Even in the production of art, religion played a large role. Outside the Ottoman ruling elite, much is known about the religious conditions of town dwellers, thanks in large part to the archival records of Muslim courts. It is safe to assert that the role of Islam in everyday life was substantial.

But yet, Ohio asserts that the Ottoman empire was not islamic.... :rolleyes:

back that train up. please show me where i said this: i did not. the only think i said was that they were tolerant.

You asked to show you 'muslim' which I did in spades.

It is spelled out in the treaties and in the quote of the ambassador.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:48 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:correct. i dont see muslim.

:rolleyes: study the history surrounding that period and the creation of the navy. Algiers was on the Barbary Coast and participated in pirate raids on Merchant US vessels. Look up Thomas Jefferson's correspondence with the ambassadors of Algiers.

we did this already. you had nothing.

you were technically correct, we could not find a direct quote to one of the signers of the Constitution, but I did find the John Quincy Adams quote.

i was correct. stop with the technical crap.

ottomans were tolerant of other religions, much of their downfall was due to this. i taught this in years past in world history.

swamp, nice try. you cant find muslim or islam in regards to the navy being formed. period.

my question of today's navy (in america, a christian country) is not irrelevant at all. it is very much so. prove me wrong? the connection is no less than your connection to them being muslim.

oh, and and assa. he still has not come by to see education in action. he is still complaining about it (and me) but does not have the balls to come watch a classroom in action. blah blah blah he is going to kick my arse is he sees me. sure. he know where i am every day. have i ever hid this? big talk. no action.

right...define tolerant. Are you using the Islamic definition of 'tolerant', or the american definition of tolerant?
I've proven that the Ottoman empire was indeed under islamic rule at the time, and thus, Algiers (which was a part of the Ottoman empire). The Piracy was conducted and sanctioned by the state of Algiers. The Merchant ships were subjugated and had to pay tribute (jyza tax) to pass, or they would be subjected to slavery and plundered. Do I need to spell it out any clearer?

Tolerance? My students just learned about our "tolerance" of religion in other countries when we became an imperial power. We did not play nice.

since you like wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algiers#Ottoman_rule it was part, but not part of the ottoman empire. :oops: thus the ottoman empire's weakness. it was too big.

"Formally part of the Ottoman Empire but essentially free from Ottoman control, starting in the 17th century Algiers turned to piracy and ransoming"

look up jizya, your definition is off from what i know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya it was a tax to be paid to practice another religion. i could be wrong.

from your link:
The city under Ottoman control was enclosed by a wall on all sides, including along the seafront. In this wall, five gates allowed access to the city, with five roads from each gate dividing the city and meeting in front of the Ketchaoua Mosque. In 1556, a citadel was constructed at the highest point in the wall. A major road running north to south divided the city in two: The upper city (al-Gabal, or 'the mountain') which consisted of about fifty small quarters of Andalusian, Jewish, Moorish and Kabyle communities, and the lower city (al-Wata, or 'the plains') which was the administrative, military and commercial centre of the city, mostly inhabited by Turkish dignitaries and other upper-class families.[7]

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum