Duck Hunting Forum banner

Moving to Anchorage

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NVduck 
#1 ·
I may be moving to Anchorage and was hoping someone on here could tell me a little bit about the duck and/or goose hunting around there. I live to hunt and fish and waterfowl is high on the priority list. So how is the hunting near anchorage?

#3 ·
Birds are good in the area. Season opens 1 September and until the end of September they are all brown. Plenty of places to go as long as you do your research. Big Alaska bonus, the Harlequin, which you can only hunt in AK, can be found not too far away. Check out http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/for ... wl-Hunting This is an ALaska based forum and has a wealth of information about everything availiable in AK.

#5 ·
Some of the best hunting is a bit of a drive, EIther Seldovis, Homer, WHittier or Valdez or hop on the ferry and go to kodiak or coldbay for a while. This time of year its pretty much Seaducks and divers on the ocean or in the bays, Buck brown has some great deals down in Seldovia, Charlie Summerville is on Kodiak and Tim Bouchard is in Valdez all 3 guides do a great job just depends on what you want to do, it never hurts to spend a couple days with a guide to get a feeling for whats going on. In the fall Sept & Oct you cant go wrong in Coldbay or hunting up north a bit. There are some great local hunters that visit the forum and they should be able to help you more around Anchorage and Palmer as I dont live in Anchorage i am back and fourth between King Salmon, Kodiak , Coldbay and ST PAul all winter. Anyway Good luck on the move if you need anymore suggestions feel free to give me a shout, Been hunting Waterfowl since 1984 up here.

Sincerely Charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.