wall worthy eiders

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, LayedOut, Dep6, crewchief252

wall worthy eiders

Postby boney fingers » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Took a trip with East Coast Waterfowlers this weekend to try and bag a few seaducks. It was my buddies first saltwater seaduck trip and he wasn't disappointed. My wife has shoot eiders before, but never a nice drake and my buddy had never killed a eider period. Everyone was surprised when they each scored in the first minutes of getting in the layout.

Its always nice to know your trip is a success in the first few minutes, the smiles say it all. The weekend went well and we had a great time, thanks again Captain Steve for giving us an awesome hunt.
boney fingers
hunter

Re: wall worthy eiders

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 am

That's a nice looking one...

and the duck ain't bad either.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:42 am

Ya, he gets that a lot, LOL.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:45 am

boney fingers wrote:Ya, he gets that a lot, LOL.

Lol... you know what I meant.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby Aleutianking » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Congrats on a great hunt, Seaduck hunting is addictive. PS what did you think of the 2 person layout boat Thinking of getting one for Alaska King Eiders.
Aleutianking
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:29 pm

The bankes is very comfortable (not sure how bigger guys fit) and very stable, however its weight is its limiting factor. Ive hunted the mlb, waterfowl works, and now the bankes and all have their advantages and disadvantages. Kings and harlys are definitely on my list, out of a layout would be awesome.
boney fingers
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting