Question...

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Question...

Postby jayclarkie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:37 am

So, i was watching "Life Below Zero" last night, and two of the characters were zooming around on their boat blasting ducks...but, the theme of the show was dealing with the spring thaw...since the season starts in September, are these two committing game violations on national TV, or do members of the Inuit tribe get carte blanche when it comes to hunting? Also, there was another character, who clearly is no Inuit, talking about how he cant wait for the thaw to progress, so he can hunt the ducks on the lake near his house...am I crazy, or is National Geographic Channel promoting poaching?
Sorry folks, park's closed...
jayclarkie
hunter

Re: Question...

Postby airborneduckhunter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:32 pm

From what you describe, it sounds like these are subsistance hunters. I have not watched the show so I cannot be sure. I am not saying mistakes don't happen but if the show is showing this, that is what I believe what you saw.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
airborneduckhunter
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:28 pm

The natives do what they wont
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby thomashamm2 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 pm

airborneduckhunter wrote:From what you describe, it sounds like these are subsistance hunters. I have not watched the show so I cannot be sure. I am not saying mistakes don't happen but if the show is showing this, that is what I believe what you saw.

yes these people on the show are subsistence hunters. But i never really understood what the differnce between regular and substistence hunters are?
thomashamm2
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting