Birds are here

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Birds are here

Postby steelshotslayer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Well last weekend was a big bust for all three of our groups hunting from southwest Ga all the way to west point. All the birds seemed to push out friday. So this afternoon I figured I'd swing by a local reservoir in pike county just to see if it was holding birds(unfortunately you can't hunt this place my God if you could.) Pulled up and seen close to 750 + birds sitting on the lake (its huge). Mostly bluebills and ringers some mallards and even a group of roughly 25 cans mixed in. Needless to say after watching them pick up and work the lake a few times I had a hard time walking back to the vehicle. Hopefully this is good news that another push of birds have moved in and we will be shooting some in the am. To all those going in the morning good luck and happy Thanksgiving.
Every day thousands of innocent plants are killed. Help stem the violence. Eat ducks
steelshotslayer
hunter

Re: Birds are here

Postby Dep6 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:26 pm

I have heard about that place, it is a shame you can't hunt it. I had a good friend that showed it to me one morning he took me on a woodie hunt up in Pike county. Loaded with teal that day.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting