Oh boy, now I did it

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Oh boy, now I did it

Postby plainsman » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:13 am

Hmmmm.....where do I start???? A week ago I see a black lab going across the street and assume it's mine[only a block away and haven't seen any others around for years]upon closer inspection it turns out not to be my dog. OK thats fine, so I run an add on the radio for lost and found. A few days later the owner calls and comes to get his dog.Thats all good, except it really hurt the girlfriend, she'd grown quite attached to the dog in a very short time and honestly so did I.So, tonight a couple kids come by with another lab[which I thought was the one that I just got sent home] and here I go again Last one was a female, this one is a male[it was dark] big,healthy and strong. Looks like he's got hunting experience[responded quickly to duck calls] about 3 yr old....looks like a lab chessie x. My fbl is happier than a pig in you know what and it looks like he is to.I think I'll just put a neon sign in ther front window....LAB CENTRAL
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:18 pm

we have 3 dogs. 2 labs and a cocker. all in the house. luckily there not to hyper.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Admin2 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:03 pm

You having a big heart just allows so much more joy into your life though. :thumbsup: I wish there was more people in the world like you :yes:

You and Kandy are dog magnets. :hammering:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby brucemacp » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:41 pm

There's always room for one more around my house too. Thank God my wifes as soft a touch as I am.

Mac
Kobie the wonder dog says" Hunting seasons over? Wake me up around noon"
brucemacp
hunter

Postby plainsman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:05 am

dog and owner are back together :salude:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:45 pm

good man...although it is sometimes tough to see them go... :thumbsup: