Opening day pics

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Re: Opening day pics

Postby teddysberna » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 pm

black olt wrote:people on this chat room are idiots if you think shooting hens doesn't hurt next year I'm glad you all don't kill many ducks because that's is next years stock. Every hen you kill is at least 6 ducks that wont be there next year. give you're high fives over killing a duck and just remember when you kill a hen you killed a limit next year out of her and didn't shoot



I hope you're trolling here... There have been numerous studies that prove that shooting hens has little to no effect on the following year's stock. Post that in the Honey Hole and see what they say...
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4965
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY


Re: Opening day pics

Postby possumfoot » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:16 pm

black olt wrote:people on this chat room are idiots if you think shooting hens doesn't hurt next year I'm glad you all don't kill many ducks because that's is next years stock. Every hen you kill is at least 6 ducks that wont be there next year. give you're high fives over killing a duck and just remember when you kill a hen you killed a limit next year out of her and didn't shoot



:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

please check out the things i posted in my last post..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5648
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Opening day pics

Postby GoBlue82 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 pm

black olt wrote: just remember when you kill a hen you killed a limit next year out of her and didn't shoot

so you are saying that shooting hens is more efficient than shooting drakes?
of course, by your logic (1 hen = six future ducks), if we assume hens don't have only male offspring, then we can say that at least one of those future ducks is a hen, which means she is also worth six future ducks (six future ducks = 5 drakes + 1 hen = 5 drakes + 6 future ducks...), of which at least one is a hen... so if I carry your line of thought out to its logical conclusions, every hen I shoot is actually equivalent to infinite number of future birds stretching out an indefinite distance into the future... which means I am the best hunter ever!
GoBlue82
hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 am

Re: Opening day pics

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:23 am

I like hunting in KY because I can kill 2 hens! :yes: :biggrin:

wisconsin only allows 1. :crying:
User avatar
teamoutlaw
hunter
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: Cudahy, WI

Re: Opening day pics

Postby teddysberna » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't get to shoot enough ducks in KY, so I'm shooting every dayum one of them that gets close enough... :hammer:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4965
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: Opening day pics

Postby teamoutlaw » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:55 am

teddysberna wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't get to shoot enough ducks in KY, so I'm shooting every dayum one of them that gets close enough... :hammer:




preach it brother!
User avatar
teamoutlaw
hunter
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: Cudahy, WI

Re: Opening day pics

Postby KyFowl20 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 am

I am a hen killin son of a gun from here on out. When ducks put their feet down in front of me, I'm pickin the brown out. Then I will PM black olt the hero pics. Havin fun in Missouri this year black?
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Opening day pics

Postby black olt » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:36 pm

we did have one hell of a season in Missouri. While you all have been on here chatting we have been there shooting ducks. The best season we've had. All the kids killed ducks. Took 2 kids last weekend to the ark.youth season and both killed a canvasback. Your going to kill hens mainly at day light but when flocks come in and you shoot hens your a idiot if you think it doesn't hurt next year so shoot them so you can say you killed a duck and get your glory.
black olt
hunter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Re: Opening day pics

Postby mmayes » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:55 pm

black olt wrote:we did have one hell of a season in Missouri. While you all have been on here chatting we have been there shooting ducks. The best season we've had. All the kids killed ducks. Took 2 kids last weekend to the ark.youth season and both killed a canvasback. Your going to kill hens mainly at day light but when flocks come in and you shoot hens your a idiot if you think it doesn't hurt next year so shoot them so you can say you killed a duck and get your glory.



I understand that is your opinion of shooting hens, but for argument sake lets say its a day when there seems to be nothing but hens flying and you want to shoot a duck, do you not shoot them up to what is the legal amount per whatever state regs say? If not then so be it. Most of the rest of us would.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Near Aintry

Re: Opening day pics

Postby brsutton86 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:40 pm

I shoot ducks because I love to shoot ducks and then eat them. We chat on here for fun when not hunting. I dont think your hunting daylight to dark and sleeping so I dont know what that point was. I will aim at drakes first but if a loner hen comes in or if its slow brown or green ill shoot and enjoy the dog work. And then have a nice dinner that night. I never understand why outdoorsmen like to act like there better than somebody or stir the pot. We all enjoy the sport and as long as its legal we should be sticking together.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
User avatar
brsutton86
hunter
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: Harrodsburg, KY

Re: Opening day pics

Postby teddysberna » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 am

Black Olt, I encourage you you take this arguement to the Honey Hole and get the opinion of a larger group of people on this subject. Please.
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4965
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: Opening day pics

Postby KyFowl20 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:43 am

teddysberna wrote:Black Olt, I encourage you you take this arguement to the Honey Hole and get the opinion of a larger group of people on this subject. Please.

:yes: ill second that
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Re: Opening day pics

Postby possumfoot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:47 pm

glad you took some kids, but don't think for a second that not shooting hens makes you a better hunter..

second, you must not have a very firm understanding of compensatory mortality, or how it relates to additive mortality..



i also believe you should take this "insight" of yours to the honey hole and have a discussion with people.. be warned though, you may have to back your argument up with actual facts..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5648
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Opening day pics

Postby KyFowl20 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Bump.

Where ya at Black Olt?

Curious to hear what your plans are for this season.
HGC Prostaff
User avatar
KyFowl20
hunter
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Kintucky

Previous

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests