Opening day pics

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

Re: Opening day pics

Postby mmayes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:16 am

bmars wrote:Between the plug hazing and the cracks on the guy who shot the Grebe (and the thinly veiled threats to turn him in to state and federal law enforcement), it just seems a little over the top. That poor guy with the Grebe is clearly just startin out. Why chase him from the sport and/or a forum where he could learn a lot?

Merry Christmas.

My advice would to be buy them a bird ID guide and let them study up on it before they shoot something. Not bagging on the guy and would never turn him in just stating the obvious.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:45 am

possumfoot wrote:
bmars wrote:Not his daddy, just a guy who is thankful to have been forgiven for more than a few mistakes in my day. I hope you two continue to be the only men on earth who have never had to say, "I'm sorry" or "My mistake".

oh, quite contrary.. but i'm not the guy laughing about how KFWS has bigger fish to fry than a person who killed a protected bird while waterfowl hunting, then posted it on the web with the comment "KY F&W has bigger things to worry about".

that is the same genious as someone getting on an H&R Block forum and saying "i cheated on my taxes, but the irs has bigger problems than lil ol me.. LOL"..

I never said they had bigger things to worry about. That "Feetdown" guy did.

Trust me guys, Lesson learned
Jake88
hunter

Postby feetdownky » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 pm

possumfoot wrote:
bmars wrote:Not his daddy, just a guy who is thankful to have been forgiven for more than a few mistakes in my day. I hope you two continue to be the only men on earth who have never had to say, "I'm sorry" or "My mistake".

oh, quite contrary.. but i'm not the guy laughing about how KFWS has bigger fish to fry than a person who killed a protected bird while waterfowl hunting, then posted it on the web with the comment "KY F&W has bigger things to worry about".

that is the same genious as someone getting on an H&R Block forum and saying "i cheated on my taxes, but the irs has bigger problems than lil ol me.. LOL"..

I am not laughing about it but as i said in my original statement, KY fish and wildlife have much larger issues at this given moment than a frying grebe. Do your homework.
What do call 32 women from TN standing in a row?
A full set of teeth!
Go back to papaw's blind on the foot and enjoy shooting them bootlips while you still can.
Last edited by feetdownky on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
Ernest Hemingway
feetdownky
hunter

Postby feetdownky » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Jake88 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:

Way to bail on someone who is defending you. Don't worry that Feetdown guy won't do it again. I hope they throw your Jabronie arse under the jail. Who the fry shoots a grebe in the first place. It's a frying grebe. I reckon there is going to have to be some frying test to take to get your fedral stamp before long due to all these frying Ricky's shooting everything that flies.
About morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
Ernest Hemingway
feetdownky
hunter

Postby mmayes » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:26 pm

feetdownky wrote:
Jake88 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:

Way to bail on someone who is defending you. Don't worry that Feetdown guy won't do it again. I hope they throw your Jabronie arse under the jail. Who the fry shoots a grebe in the first place. It's a frying grebe. I reckon there is going to have to be some frying test to take to get your fedral stamp before long due to all these frying Ricky's shooting everything that flies.

Now Feedtown you need to calm down. You know what happens everytime your blood pressure goes up. I think ricky learned his lesson and will not be shooting anymore Grebe's. He will move on to the commerants.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:21 pm

feetdownky wrote:
possumfoot wrote:

I am not laughing about it but as i said in my original statement, KY fish and wildlife have much larger issues at this given moment than a frying grebe. Do your homework.
What do call 32 women from TN standing in a row?
A full set of teeth!
Go back to papaw's blind on the foot and enjoy shooting them bootlips while you still can.

lol.. you think i hunt on reelfoot?? thats cute.. :lol3:

guess again..

WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby feetdownky » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Am I supposed to be impressed with a few dead ducks? We can play my Richard is bigger than yours all day long but it doesn't mean Richard to me. My Richard makes me plenty happy and the fact remains the same, KY fish and wildlife have much bigger issues than a dead grebe.
Ernest Hemingway
feetdownky
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:47 pm

nope..means jack to me.. incorrect assumptions however do bug me.. and you have been wrong much more often than right..

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby mox » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:06 pm

So what exactly are the bigger fish?
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 pm

feetdownky wrote:
Jake88 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. Wasn't bailin on ya. And I appreciate what you were saying.

Possumfoot thought I was saying F&W wasn't "worried about little ol me." Was just clearing up the fact that I (myself) never said that. Hell I know they've pinned folks for less.
After this thread running wide open for a month I'm almost expecting them to show up any time
Jake88
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Jake88 wrote:
feetdownky wrote:
Jake88 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. Wasn't bailin on ya. And I appreciate what you were saying.

Possumfoot thought I was saying F&W wasn't "worried about little ol me." Was just clearing up the fact that I (myself) never said that. Hell I know they've pinned folks for less.
After this thread running wide open for a month I'm almost expecting them to show up any time

yep.. sorry about that..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby mmayes » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 pm

I cannot speak for Feedtown but I think he is referring to the OIG report on corruption in the F&W beign more on the front burner than someone shooting a grebe.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby mmayes » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:51 pm

possumfoot wrote:nope..means jack to me.. incorrect assumptions however do bug me.. and you have been wrong much more often than right..

I also cannot be sure of this as well but I think when he was talking about peepaws blind he was referring to Arky land.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 pm

just figured I would jump in and clear up the bigger fish. I received a txt from a buddy the other day asking me if I was involved in the grebe photo. F&W are investigating I know that for a fact and I had nothing to do with it. I didn't know what the hell he was talking about until he said it was found on here. Should have taken the photo down. F&W officers check sites like these all the time for offenses like these. Who leaves a photo and a confession posted on a public website after being told of their mistake? :huh:
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Feetdown- I will update the photos after season goes out. I don't have time during season to post pics every day.

Possum- when can I come hunt your paradice?
HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I honestly hope he just gets a warning. It was dumb, and shooting a bird you cant identify is not smart in the first place. But, id say he learned his lesson. If he did it knowlingly or keeps doing things against the game laws by all means throw the book at him. Just my opinion. Brees post up pics, you cant be that busy! lol
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:39 pm

I stated on the first page of this thread that I only called the shot. I didn't shoot the grebe. Now, granted I still shouldn't have told my buddy to let er rip. I misidentified the bird, and I am at fault for that. All 4 of us hunting that morning are.
Like I said fellas, lesson learned
Jake88
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:44 pm

i think paradice is where peabody's coal trains came from..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby mox » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:55 pm

possumfoot wrote:i think paradice is where peabody's coal trains came from..

His coal trains hauled paradise away. We missed it by 50 yrs or so... Just think how things could've been if paradise hadn't been carted off.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby mike_b » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:11 pm

brsutton86 wrote:I honestly hope he just gets a warning. It was dumb, and shooting a bird you cant identify is not smart in the first place. But, id say he learned his lesson. If he did it knowlingly or keeps doing things against the game laws by all means throw the book at him. Just my opinion. Brees post up pics, you cant be that busy! lol

He's busy texting.
mike_b
hunter

Postby black olt » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Looks like everyone on here needs to learn to leave the hens alone. Not good for next year.
black olt
hunter

Postby mox » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:19 pm

black olt wrote:Looks like everyone on here needs to learn to leave the hens alone. Not good for next year.

I'd rather pay Delta to curb the predator population than to miss out on another couple seared mallard breasts.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:45 pm

black olt wrote:Looks like everyone on here needs to learn to leave the hens alone. Not good for next year.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! more ignorant crap... i'll give you a few points to research.. look up additive V compensatory mortality in mallards. would not hurt to do some looking into how habitat effects breeding/nesting success and how density affects the over all outcome of clutches in a study area..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:46 pm

Im not ashamed to wear the hen hat.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby black olt » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:06 pm

people on this chat room are idiots if you think shooting hens doesn't hurt next year I'm glad you all don't kill many ducks because that's is next years stock. Every hen you kill is at least 6 ducks that wont be there next year. give you're high fives over killing a duck and just remember when you kill a hen you killed a limit next year out of her and didn't shoot
black olt
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting