Skunk smells bad.

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Skunk smells bad.

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:59 am

Got skunked today, only had 2 woodies in range and missed both shots. Hope 2nd split is better. How was everyone's 1st split?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Re: Skunk smells bad.

Postby fowlsensations » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:00 pm

First split was terrible for me up until today and I was just in the wrong spot. Had mallards woodies teal and few blacks come in the first 30 minutes but in a hole I've been saving for the late season split. First split leaves a lot to be desired but hope that's a sign things are changing
fowlsensations
hunter

Postby jcz » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Wasn't able to get out as much as I would like. Saw a few birds but nothing spectacular.
jcz
hunter

Postby RaleighRiffRaff » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:43 pm

I got on ducks much more consistently than in the past (but thats not saying much as Iv spend my first few years wondering in the dark). Found a solid area of public land to hunt where there was little pressure and a decent number of mallards moving in these last couple weeks. Also, had a decent draw hunt at J. Morgan Futch. If I could learn to hit what I shoot at I might be in good shape. Anyway, looking forward to hitting it back hard come Dec 14.
RaleighRiffRaff
hunter

Postby ducking&diving » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:36 pm

we had a pretty decent 1st split. killed 54 ducks out of the boat blind. have been seeing pretty decent numbers each outing. a lot of variety. good luck!
Springing Flying Fish are good practice in the off season
ducking&diving
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting