What birds have you been seeing on the east side?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

What birds have you been seeing on the east side?

Postby adrenilinejunky » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:19 pm

I was just wondering what birds everyone has been seeing in eastern Washington so far this year. Ive been hunting the moses lake area just about every weekend since the season started and the birds seem to be in a strange movement this year. A few weeks ago it seemed all we could find were merganser and golden eye. Then two weeks ago it was all mallards, then this week it seems to be smaller numbers of mallards and the buffel heads have moved in. What have you guys been seeing?
Waterfowl hunting is not just a sport, Its an addiction to some of us.
adrenilinejunky
hunter

Re: What birds have you been seeing on the east side?

Postby carl1783 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:27 pm

I've seen buffies, mallards, and geese on the Snake in low numbers.
13/14
Mallard: 6
Geese: 2
carl1783
hunter

Postby adrenilinejunky » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:47 pm

I was thinking that the birds were going to start moving in big numbers after last weekend but then I came back over this weekend and the mallards have all but disappeared. I have turned into the family guide and ive been taking all of the younger cousins out hunting this weekend to try and make some memories for them. We have done pretty good that last couple days but it deffenatly is like last weekend when we had flocks of 50-60 mallards coming in
Waterfowl hunting is not just a sport, Its an addiction to some of us.
adrenilinejunky
hunter

Postby Duckwise » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:32 pm

In the last week I have killed Mallards pintail teal bufflehead shovelers and hooded mergansers. More mallards than anything else. there were new mallards that hit couple weeks ago, now with the freeze up and hunting pressure they have moved to the reserves and waters further south.
Duckwise
hunter

Postby duckdogger07 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Sounds like the eastside is where to go all we have is coots and sawbills on the west side.....
May your birds fly low and your aim be true!

Waiting for October....
duckdogger07
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting