coyote hunting in Wisconsin

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

coyote hunting in Wisconsin

Postby redneck12350 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Me and my brother have been out 50+ times and have done every thing right (called, conciled, quite) and have only seen 2 coyotes when we hear and see them all the time when were not hunting. I know they dont see us cuz were usually up in a tree or lying on a hill side and we got at night, and use a green light cuase i guess green doent scare coyotes. so if anyone has any tips or pointer plz let me know cuase were getting reallt tired of not gitting anything. we also only stay at a spot only 30 mins and have only gone evening/night. PLEASE HELP
redneck12350
hunter

Re: coyote hunting in Wisconsin

Postby thomashamm2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:07 pm

dylan, try a predator decoy. u can make ur own with like a duck or goose wing and itll blow in the wind. ray and me made one and it looks great. and might want to try a little earlier in the day like 30 minutes before it gets dark and stay longer.
thomashamm2
hunter

Re: coyote hunting in Wisconsin

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:26 pm

The guys I know who do well have spots on top of spots to hunt. There's usually a lot of car rides in between successful hunts. They typically never try the same spot twice in a week.

Also seems like weather plays a big part, as they will have droughty spells and then in one weekend gets lots of shooting when the dogs are out poking around.
Bill Herian
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum