Word of the Day, December 3, 2013, 1 Timothy 5:24-25

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 3, 2013, 1 Timothy 5:24-25

Postby timf » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:47 am

Word of the Day, December 3, 2013 

“ Hold on, if the life that we've been given. Is made beautiful in the living, and the joy that we get brings joy to the heart of the giver. Then right here, right now, this is the song I'm singing out, I wanna live like there's no tomorrow.”

I Timothy 5:24-25

24 Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

The Chapter is about how to deal with widows, the duty of elders and finishes up with Paul’s charge to Timothy. He talks about forbidden partiality, laying of hands, separation from sins, purity, wine to be used as a remedies for our infirmities, our secret sins, good works and how our life sins are manifested before everyone and before the judgment. Paul was speaking about making them unworthy of being a pastor or minister. Paul explains not to suddenly ordain them. (This is the part were you go and read the whole chapter)

Sin can be hidden from man, but never from God. There will be a judgment day for everybody. For the believers it will be the Judgment Seat of Christ (II Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 20:11-15) and for those that have not chosen Christ, they will stand before God at the Great White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). Our sin will be fully manifest at judgment. Are you written in the book of life?

Paul tells us that whether our sins are conspicuous or inconspicuous, God will find them out. The same is true about our good works, they may be undetected by men but God sees them and crowns will be given. The real point here that Paul is trying to make here is that thorough examination, all is exposed, all deeds, good and bad, known and unknown. This was written to slowly pick elders and priest, carefully examine them, look for his true character and then make the decision for the office. This can apply to ourselves daily.

Remember not to be upset when someone gets praises because their works are more visible than our. It is not about use, but about God. Ponder this, the same for sin and for works, all will be exposed before God and punishment for the wicked in the lake of fire and crowns and eternal life with Christ for the believers. We just need to remember, less sins and after salvation, more works for the Kingdom of God. It is not about us, but about our Saviour and LORD, Jesus Christ.

“ Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you, cause He made you to do. Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face, and tell the story of grace. With every move that you make, and every little thing you do, Do for the glory of the One! ”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, December 3, 2013, 1 Timothy 5:24-25

Postby codypeterson » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks Timothy. I needed to see this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
codypeterson
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, December 3, 2013, 1 Timothy 5:24-25

Postby timf » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Glad it touched you. I give all the glory to God for the Word of the Day.
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality