Word of the Day, December 4, 2013, Colossians 2:6-8

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 4, 2013, Colossians 2:6-8

Postby timf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:11 am

Word of the Day, December 5, 2013

“ Some days the tongue gets twisted; Other days my thoughts just fall apart. I do, I don't, I will, I won't, it's like I'm drowning in the deep. Well it's crazy to imagine, words from our lips as the arms of compassion, mountains crumble with every syllable. Hope can live or die. So speak Life, speak Life.”

Colossians 2:6-8

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Paul is writing to the church at Colosse, a city of Asia Minor to be consistence in Christ after their salvation. This chapter is generally a message of good will to exhort and to edify believers. This is something we need to do for other believers and new believers after they become saved in Christ. In today’s churches, sometimes we just worry about getting people saved and we get to count them. However we need to guide them with the word, one on one discipleship, to mentor them, pray with them and move them from milk to meat.

Christ is our spiritual foundation, we are established through His blood and to give thanksgiving unto Him. We are to walk with Him, daily at home, work, play, church and everywhere we are Christ needs to shine through us. We are to be the light and salt of this earth.

In my Bible I have circled the word Rooted and I wrote along the side of my Bible on 7/14/13, My Life Message. That was two days before I came home and had decided that I needed to be rooted in Christ and to continue what was started at Canaan. My faith had increased, it was established in Christ, I had been taught and giving thanks for the blessings to me and my family as I was in my 14 months and 1 day “time out” with my LORD. Christ is my cornerstone, my firm foundation, my vine and I am rooted in Him.

Before I left for my vacation in Canaan, I meet with a man of God, a Bible scholar, a Doctorate of Divinity and Theology and we talked about what I needed to read and learn in Canaan. I asked him what books to read and how do I know what is right biblically so that I was not led down the wrong path and his answer was simply amazing. He said, “always go back to the good book and find your answers.” I answered and said that is simple and that is what I did. I did not count on men for my answers, I counted on the Holy Ghost to give me revelations of the word of God. Yes, I study with my brothers in Christ and reached out to people that I respected with the knowledge of the word, but I always went back to the book of truth for my guidance, understanding, knowledge and wisdom.

We need to keep the philosophy of man out of the word of God. The flesh is not grounded on Christ but the traditions of men. False doctrines, false teachings, human precepts, traditions and worldly wisdom will spoil you and keep you away from Christ. Don’t blame men, the churches, the pastors, the missionaries or your parents for all the things wrong with Christians and churches today. It is your walk with the LORD. It is about a personal relationship with Christ and getting into the word and reach out to help someone else that is in need of one on one relationship discussing the word of God.

“ Come on sing it! He rules the world with truth and grace. He makes the nations prove. The glories of His righteousness and wonders of His love and wonders wonders of His love. Joy to the World, the LORD is come.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality