Duck Hunting Forum banner

Cabellas Story

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  KRB 
#1 ·
I am ready to retire my (3 year old) Armor Flex 5mm's and looked into a new pair...I was told that the Backwaters were to replace the ones I have, so I bought them.
I got them on Tuesday and put them on last night.
My existing waders I can fit a waterfowler sweater AND my Columbia Widgeon tucked into, and they come up to my pits....
These were snug around the chest in a T-Shirt! and I've lost weight since buying the Armors?? On top of that, they come up as high as my man-nips...
I called them to inquire/bitch....and here's the upshot:
Granted, I was poorly advised on the new waders but, here it is...
They acknowledged that 3 years is a little thin for Armor Flex and offered me a $15 gift card to send them back to be evaluate. From there I am certain that they will agree that they wore out too soon and will give me the credit towards a new pair.
In the meantime, I got permission to wear the new ones and then send them back for a full refund when it all gets ironed out.
I have NEVER considered chest and inseam measurements ever...I found a boot that fit in a camo pattern that I liked and it always worked out. Now it seems that you need a tailor to get a pair of waders!
Looks like lemonade out of lemons for me...

See less See more
#3 ·
I have yet to understand why so many new waders are tailored to fit like skinny jeans! I have had good luck with the Cabelas Ultimate Waders and I can get 3 seasons out of them, but it's nice to have enough room to wear wader pants inside if need be on the super cold days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.