Byers Hunt - Jan 2014

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Byers Hunt - Jan 2014

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Been meaning to create this thread to see what we need to bring along. I don't want to pack like a women, but I want to make sure everything's covered.

So far, my list includes:

Shotgun
Ammo
Waders
Clothing
Midgets for Jehler
Spider repellant for UR
1st aid kit in case Matt brings tannerite
Tannerite in case Matts doesn't work

I'll add more as I think of it. I'm notorious for waiting until the last minute to prepare, but I don't want to do that this time.

Also, will there be a place nearby to purchase licenses when we get there?
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Re: Byers Hunt - Jan 2014

Postby t_baker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:36 pm

I heard Cason is implementing similar rules as Bayou Meto during that weekend. Shell and bird limits alike.

Just word on the street.
t_baker
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:23 am

Why not just buy the license online?
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby Underradar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 am

Parachute for Lahunter.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:36 am

teddysberna wrote:Why not just buy the license online?

I'm researching it now and trying to determine if all I need is the Arkansas Non Resident small game (5 day) and the Non Resident Waterfowl, along with the Arkansas HIP certification. Also, will my federal stamp that is attached to my Louisiana License suffice, or do I need a separate stamp. In Louisiana, the federal duck stamp must be affixed to your Louisiana License.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Underradar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:15 pm

You are good with the Fed stamp on ur La license. I thought all you jr. game wardens knew that.

Underradar
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:34 pm

La. Hunter wrote:

I'm researching it now and trying to determine if all I need is the Arkansas Non Resident small game (5 day) and the Non Resident Waterfowl, along with the Arkansas HIP certification. Also, will my federal stamp that is attached to my Louisiana License suffice, or do I need a separate stamp. In Louisiana, the federal duck stamp must be affixed to your Louisiana License.

That'll be fine. All long as you have it.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 pm

And definitely do it online. There are some places you can go but I'd suggest doing it online. Or you can even call and do it over the phone.
teddysberna wrote:

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:57 pm

West Memphis Walmart has licenses. Go there. It's a magical place.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Are Hunting guides not like fishing guides when it comes to licenses? For example, when you fish under a guide your license fee is covered if you don't possess one. The guide pays an annual fee for his license to guide which includes the fishing licenses of however many clients are on your vessel. Is it not the same for hunting?

Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:17 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Are Hunting guides not like fishing guides when it comes to licenses? For example, when you fish under a guide your license fee is covered if you don't possess one. The guide pays an annual fee for his license to guide which includes the fishing licenses of however many clients are on your vessel. Is it not the same for hunting?

Not the same. Even in LA we have to have a license to fish with a guide.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Bill Herian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:22 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Are Hunting guides not like fishing guides when it comes to licenses? For example, when you fish under a guide your license fee is covered if you don't possess one. The guide pays an annual fee for his license to guide which includes the fishing licenses of however many clients are on your vessel. Is it not the same for hunting.

Up here our guys have to buy fishing licenses. Same for hunting. Since its only for one or two trips we can sell them a two day license for far less than a regular one would cost.

What state is going to let not residents play for free? That's why licenses are 4x more for nonres.
Last edited by Bill Herian on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Herian
hunter

Byers Hunt - Jan 2014

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Bill Herian wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Are Hunting guides not like fishing guides when it comes to licenses? For example, when you fish under a guide your license fee is covered if you don't possess one. The guide pays an annual fee for his license to guide which includes the fishing licenses of however many clients are on your vessel. Is it not the same for hunting.

Up here our guys have to buy fishing licenses. Same for hunting.

What state is going to pass up out-of-stater's money? That's why licenses are 4x more for nonres.

Florida lol. If they were on their own doing recreational fishing then they would need to possess a license obviously, but you don't need one if you are with a guide. Probably because this states money comes from tourism. Nobody wants to pay $60 for a three day license when they can pay the same rate and have someone put them on fish.

WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

La. Hunter wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

state can write you for stamp, but the feds dictate the stamp.. stamp must be signed.. that is it.. and yea, the sighend stamp will suffice, it does not matter if you have it pasted to your taint.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:24 pm

possumfoot wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:

state can write you for stamp, but the feds dictate the stamp.. stamp must be signed.. that is it.. and yea, the sighend stamp will suffice, it does not matter if you have it pasted to your taint.

I may be wrong about the federal stamp being required to be attached to the Louisiana license. I've always stuck mine to my Louisiana license to keep me from losing it.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:31 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:

I may be wrong about the federal stamp being required to be attached to the Louisiana license. I've always stuck mine to my Louisiana license to keep me from losing it.

FL licenses used to have a spot in the back designated for the stamps too, but they changed the license last year and it doesn't have the spot anymore. I still put mine on the back and sign it.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:32 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Are Hunting guides not like fishing guides when it comes to licenses? For example, when you fish under a guide your license fee is covered if you don't possess one. The guide pays an annual fee for his license to guide which includes the fishing licenses of however many clients are on your vessel. Is it not the same for hunting?

Not the same. Even in LA we have to have a license to fish with a guide.

That's interesting. I wonder why FL doesn't require this?

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby mmayes » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:58 am

WTN10 wrote:West Memphis Walmart has licenses. Go there. It's a magical place.

You trying to get someone killed? You couldn't pay me to go anywhere in West Memphis.

Mayes
mmayes
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:09 pm

mmayes wrote:

You trying to get someone killed? You couldn't pay me to go anywhere in West Memphis.

Mayes

Nice catch, Mayes. Don't even f'n do it again.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
mmayes wrote:

Mayes

Good movie
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby Willie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:

I have a lifetime license. Two actually. Va and NC.
Willie
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
mmayes wrote:

Mayes

You may not know it, but we're Major League Baseball players.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Crazy Matt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Tannerite is there already, but we need a bullet proof vest and a taser.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby La. Hunter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:Tannerite is there already, but we need a bullet proof vest and a taser.

Common sense wins out, so I'm leaving them at home. Plus, UR might accidentally taze the pilot if I brought it .
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Underradar » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:Tannerite is there already, but we need a bullet proof vest and a taser.

Common sense wins out, so I'm leaving them at home. Plus, UR might accidentally taze the pilot if I brought it .

Hijacker games.

Underradar
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole