Montanan's Report

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Montanan's Report

Postby darcher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm

First of all, may I say that I was very impressed with the public hunting in the Skagit Bay area and above Bellingham. I decided that a non-resident license of $200 was just too pricy for two or three days of hunting. I made forays out on Skagit Bay twice and loved the experience. Not much happening out at the mouth, but I heard a fair amount of shots fired on the Island Unit. I also explored the area of the north fork of the Skagit River and fell in love with it! Next I drove by Chuckanut Bay and Samish Bay and drolled at the sitting birds resting off shore. I also found a Quality Hunt site near Edison. Very nice -- you guys have some great public hunting options! Finally, I visited Lake Terrel on a cold, blustery morning and watched mallards land along with a large flight of wigeon which flew over the boat launch. I also found BP private property open to public hunting. Yeah, you guys have it good. Given the horrible real estate market here in Montana, I doubt the wife will get to move closer to those grandchildren in the near future. I could not live in any city, but I did find some really neat towns with reasonable prices. (Ferndale, La Conner, Sedro Woolley. Yeah, I'd have no problem leaving Montana for the Skagit Valley. I know the birds are heading your way. Good luck!
darcher
hunter

Re: Montanan's Report

Postby wetside » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:08 am

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Lets keep it secret. :yes:
When you tell others about this area tell them you saw many hunters, no ducks,no farms, too many houses, etc :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
wetside
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting