Your personal worst

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Your personal worst

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:38 pm

So tonight I took a couple hard spills out on my first sled ride of the year. The knee and shoulder pain is crazy right now so im using this as inspiration for my topic.

Tell your story about the worst accident you've ever been in; sleds, 4wheeler, dirt bike, car, truck, airplane, UFO ext.

ill tell mine later
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Re: Your personal worst

Postby MODuckkiller » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:38 pm

Worst accident/mistake-I read this post.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Someone did this already didnt they...
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby T Man » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Took a hockey Puck right under my patella. Still have a piece of cartilage the size of a pea floating around my right knee

Wait, that wasn't racist was it?
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Tealer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:35 am

Flipped a quad 4 or 5 times, broke both ankles, and 6 ribs.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:39 am

Fell 25+ feet out of a tree, hit the ground flat backed and knocked myself out. Friend walked me out of the woods and took me home. I dont remember anything for over 3 hours. I think I might have had a minor concussion lol.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Your personal worst

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:58 am

I don't know where to begin in this thread because of the stupid things I did as a kid. One of the boys I grew up with nicknamed me BAK (bust ass kid) because I gave everything 100% so when I screwed up, I screwed up big time. Anyway, I've been on a 3 wheeler traveling 60+ mph prior to hitting a parked truck head on. I landed in the back of said truck and broke several ribs. My cousin was following me in his truck and thought I was dead. When he saw me climb out of the back of the truck, he made me get up and leave so he wouldn't get in trouble since he wasn't old enough to have a license and was driving. That one cost my dad a pretty penny.

There are plenty more, but I'll save them for another day.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby ArkansasRobertson » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am

I got drunk one night and circumsized myself when I was a junior in college.
ArkansasRobertson
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 am

DO A SEARCH!

That said I'll repeat the answer I give every time this post comes around. Flipped a truck in high school, broke my neck. C5 vertebrae.
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby 18javelin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:45 am

Wrecked a crotch rocket doing 55 in a curve, 3 spin outs then slammed into a ditch took pants off and peeled skin from my ass cheeks to back of my knees off with them, could see bones in palm of both hands... that was One of my least favorable. Flipped truck 2 times off 30 foot road bank... 47 stitches from a pitbull in my head when I was 11ish... dirt bike and 3 wheeler/4wheeler wrecks to many to count some I don't remember to well. I could go on and on I wasn't a video game kid growing up it either went fast or boom or I was looking for it...

My ole Suzuki RM250 took me up a hill on new trails to realize when it was almost too late the other side of hill was a 50 foot sheer cliff about lost my life there but laid it down and kept bike from going off... that was a eye opener for sure.... Buddy was coming up fast when he seen me ditch it. luckily he did the same but half way up the hill.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:09 am

Got shot in the helmet with an ak-47
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:11 am

Car crash fractured sternum , face through windshield , shattered my right wrist in to 17 pieces and chipped up both shins. That's just one adventure
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:30 am

Asked a really attractice girl to home coming in high school. She said somebody else had already asked her. Fractured my ego.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Locked&Loaded » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:32 am

Botiz630 wrote:DO A SEARCH!

That said I'll repeat the answer I give every time this post comes around. Flipped a truck in high school, broke my neck. C5 vertebrae.

You in a wheel chair?
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:57 am

my turn, last night i came up to a driveway, jumped it. ( i usually dont but everyone says i ride like a **** so i did what i did) came down and slammed into the handles.

next i was floating through some deep powder and tried to come up the side of the road and it flipped. tossed me. buddy helped me get up and we started riding again. then on my way home i hit someone elses jump and again, the sled tosses me, this time into the frozen chuncks of black field dirt. crawled back to my sled. and did 20 the rest of the way. wakin up this morning, every part of my body is in pain. knee has had past issues but now its got a big bruise and its really swollen. nothing broke though. not even the sled.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby wetgoldenretriever » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Rolled my buddies brand new trx 450. He wasn't too happy about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont shoot until you can see their toenails!
wetgoldenretriever
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:52 pm

ArkansasRobertson wrote:I got drunk one night and circumsized myself when I was a junior in college.

Alrighty then......that's the end of this thread
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:DO A SEARCH!

You in a wheel chair?

Nope. Lucky.
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
ArkansasRobertson wrote:I got drunk one night and circumsized myself when I was a junior in college.

Alrighty then......that's the end of this thread

Botiz630 wrote:Normally I think Arkansasrobertson is a total moron.

I stand by my statement.
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Uglymud » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Went through a barbed wire fence on a four wheeler in 3rd grade. Cut my neck all up.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
Uglymud
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Uglymud wrote:Went through a barbed wire fence on a four wheeler in 3rd grade. Cut my neck all up.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Same here, but I was in junior high and on the back of the 4 wheeler with the same cousin mentioned above. We were wide open and I tried to tell him my grandpa had just put up a new fence and he didn't believe me. When he saw it, it was too late. He let go of the handle bars to shield his face and it cut his arms and stomach up. The barbed wire got my shoulders and ended up cutting the back of my head pretty bad. Being he was not controlling the 4 wheeler anymore, we ramped off the edge of the hill and came to an abrupt stop about 5 feet up a pine tree.

I have many 3 and 4 wheeler stories. Now that I'm thinking back, I understand why I hurt so bad now. I really should have been dead before I hit 20!
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Man....I have lead a sheltered life....I surf, fish, hunt and played hockey in HS and Coll.....i broke one pinky finger and a toe....
other than that...the worst thing I ever did was light a piece of juicy fruit gum on fire and then panic because it got too close to my finger...so I threw it in my mouth.... :no:
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Man....I have lead a sheltered life....I surf, fish, hunt and played hockey in HS and Coll.....i broke one pinky finger and a toe....
other than that...the worst thing I ever did was light a piece of juicy fruit gum on fire and then panic because it got too close to my finger...so I threw it in my mouth.... :no:

Smart! :)
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:51 pm

My freshman year of high school, my dad bought another horse that was supposed to have been green broke. After getting it home, we realized it wasn't quiet as broke as they claimed so we decided we would work with it. He started by putting a bridle on her and leading her around. When this went off without any problems, he added a saddle blanket to her back for a while and then added the weight of the saddle later on. When she didn't give us any problems, he decided we needed someone on her back while he lead her around and I volunteered. The whole family (brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins) stood at the gate watching as the first 10 to 15 feet went off without a hitch. Suddenly, she realized I was on her back and went to bucking. Keep in mind that my dad was leading with the bridle, so I had nothing to hold except the saddle horn. She finally bucked enough that she yanked the reins out of his hands and she had full control. I held on to the saddle horn the best that I could for as long as I could until she finally shook me. When she did, all I remember is looking over and being level with the top of the hay loft on the barn and then I started to fall. Right before impact, I put my left arm out to brace my fall and that's the last thing I remembered. I woke up with everyone standing around me and a bad pain in my left arm. I looked down and realized there was a baseball sized knot forming where it was hurting. I took a couple of steps when I stood up and blacked out and hit the ground again. A quick trip to the ER revealed it was broke. Funny thing is that while at the ER, I heard a familiar voice on the other side of the curtain in the ER and it was a buddy of mine that had just broke his arm while swinging on vines into a creek by his house. Before we both left, another friend of ours showed up in the ER with a broke arm from falling out of a jeep. Apparently he thought it was a good idea to tie a piece of ski rope to the roll bar on the jeep and try to hold on, while standing in he back of the jeep, while his buddy was driving through their subdivision. There's a picture of the 3 of us in our HS yearbook with our casts on.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Boatman » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Plane crash, yep small plane crash and lived to tell about it. Buddy's dad owned a plane,worked for IBM and flew all over in it for them.Was ask if I wanted to fly to Atlantic city for the day.Said sure so we flew out of capital city airport to Atlantic city for the day. On the way back over Lancaster,Pa motor shuts off. I am in the back seat buddy and his dad in the front.They start checking icing and all sorts of motor problems. I can see the fuel gauge and it reads empty. I say we are out of fuel,they tell me to shut up they are trying to figure out what is wrong. His dad says don't worry we can land this plane anywhere. :lol3: Again I say how is the fuel they say we filled up before we left. So they can't get the problem fixed so start to look for place to land. He picks a field,as we approach we notice a fence,he pulls back just in time to bounce hard off ground to miss fence and tears off right side landing gear. He drops it in the field and with only one landing gear wing drops and we spin down through the field to a stop. What a ride. So we get out to a line of cars parked along the road,rubber neckers.I tell him to check the fuel,he jumps up on the wing,now sm planes have 4 fuel tanks to keep them balanced,with a switch between the front seats. Three tanks full one tank empty,just what I said,they were so embarrassed. Plane was a total loss,with one lanlanding gear ripped off the other jammed through the wing. :beer:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole