9mm finally.....

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

9mm finally.....

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:57 am

Took a while but I finally received my boxes of 500 each, 115 and 124gr RN bullets from Extreme Bullets.

With all the snow in the area, it will give me something to do If I don't want to go outside...............
Happy Holiday Season to all.

Sagebrush
hunter

Re: 9mm finally.....

Postby apexhunter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 am

With the end of deer season approaching I'm getting prepared to sit down and roll a couple thousand rounds of .45acp and a few hundred in .40 for my brother. He gets good deals here & there on primers and bullets, we get powder on sale at shows, we've collected several thousand pieces of brass and I provide the equipment and labor- not a bad arrangement. All of my brass is polished, powder supply is good and he got us a couple cases of primers so I have something to do on those nasty weekend afternoons.

Then I'm going to finally work up some new loads for my .308 with CFE-223 & 165gr Ballistic tips and do some Sunday trips to the local indoor range for testing. I had a good recipe with another powder but hopefully I can find a resulting load that is better than the .45" groups I'm shooting with the reloads and factory fodder because the particular Hornady load my rifle likes is not available at this time...and I like the idea of the copper removing properties of the CFE powder.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 pm

CFE works great in the .224's .............. good luck with the short case .308. I would think that
it should work out for you.

Hope it does well, I would like to see some pictures of targets in the larger caliber bullet.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:16 am

According to the charts the CFE is intended to use for 223/.556 and .308/7.62 rounds. The chart they have covers many different loads in .308 so I am confident in its potential. It is also supposed to meter very well so I should be able to get very consistent rounds built up. I'm going to load 5 each of 4 different charges and start narrowing down to the sweet spot for my rifle. Like I said I hope to improve on the .45" groups with factory Hornady loads and reap the benefits of the ballistic tips and the cleaning properties of the powder.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:25 pm

The "Red Tips" have worked well in my 22-250 and 30-06.

I see no reason why they should not group well on your rifle.

I can't find the will to go buy the "Green tip" Noslers..................
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Target Shooting