What do y'all do during the split?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Re: What do y'all do during the split?

Postby frydaddy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 pm

What. Split hunted north zone last weekend will hunt south zone nxt weekend!!! I try and put my deer meat in the reezer during bow season.
frydaddy
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Speaking of split... How many people witnessed or heard jack wagons shooting today during the split??? Hahaha heard one group this morning banging away at em. And saw 2 groups set up as I went over the lake. Bunch of morons!!!!
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Speaking of split... How many people witnessed or heard jack wagons shooting today during the split??? Hahaha heard one group this morning banging away at em. And saw 2 groups set up as I went over the lake. Bunch of morons!!!!

Wow really? Bad for business.
I almost thought I was hunting during the split weekend before last. No other hunters or they weren't shootin. I checked the book like three times :lol3:
Maybe they were huntin snipe like these other cats on here.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:25 pm

frydaddy wrote:What. Split hunted north zone last weekend will hunt south zone nxt weekend!!! I try and put my deer meat in the reezer during bow season.

Thats what im sayin! Man it sure is nice living on interstate 10 :tongue:
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Barney#1 wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:Speaking of split... How many people witnessed or heard jack wagons shooting today during the split??? Hahaha heard one group this morning banging away at em. And saw 2 groups set up as I went over the lake. Bunch of morons!!!!

Wow really? Bad for business.
I almost thought I was hunting during the split weekend before last. No other hunters or they weren't shootin. I checked the book like three times :lol3:
Maybe they were huntin snipe like these other cats on here.

Yeah I don't think the lake I live on is a big snipe lake lol. Plus I don't think ya hunt snipe over mojos lol.... I've seen it before. Some people just don't take the time to read the dang rules and they pay for it in the end /:
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:25 am

Had an idiot friend 2 years ago go out to the coast, they were setting up decoys on Friday night, last night of the split, and camping out. Group of redheads came piling in and for some reason they had loaded gun. Dropped a few and other friend said what the hell are you doing. There were multiple boats fishing and they called the game warden so they booked it. Game warden caught up to them at the boat ramp and they denied it and he said they had video footage of them shooting and took down all their info. He called them trying to get them to confess but ended up getting away with it.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:14 am

whistlin_wings wrote:Had an idiot friend 2 years ago go out to the coast, they were setting up decoys on Friday night, last night of the split, and camping out. Group of redheads came piling in and for some reason they had loaded gun. Dropped a few and other friend said what the hell are you doing. There were multiple boats fishing and they called the game warden so they booked it. Game warden caught up to them at the boat ramp and they denied it and he said they had video footage of them shooting and took down all their info. He called them trying to get them to confess but ended up getting away with it.

DAMN!! One day, several years ago, I was driving home from work and as I pass by a parking area that we walk in from on public I see a friends truck. I called him to see what he was up to and his reply is "oh just setting up some decoys to kill a few birds"...... I quickly reminded him of the split and he packed up and got out before he really messed up and killed something. We still give him crap over that!! Lol
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby mbole » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:10 am

Scout... Hopefully.
mbole
hunter

Postby mbole » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:11 am

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Had an idiot friend 2 years ago go out to the coast, they were setting up decoys on Friday night, last night of the split, and camping out. Group of redheads came piling in and for some reason they had loaded gun. Dropped a few and other friend said what the hell are you doing. There were multiple boats fishing and they called the game warden so they booked it. Game warden caught up to them at the boat ramp and they denied it and he said they had video footage of them shooting and took down all their info. He called them trying to get them to confess but ended up getting away with it.

DAMN!! One day, several years ago, I was driving home from work and as I pass by a parking area that we walk in from on public I see a friends truck. I called him to see what he was up to and his reply is "oh just setting up some decoys to kill a few birds"...... I quickly reminded him of the split and he packed up and got out before he really messed up and killed something. We still give him crap over that!! Lol

Ha. That's pretty fortunate that you got him before he did something dumb. Hopefully while scouting this weekend I don't run into any hunters.
mbole
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am

Yeah he was pretty happy I called him lol... I'm sure you will see at least one group of guys breaking the law lol....
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby SATX duckman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 pm

had to get the boat into the shop to have the carbs cleaned out. I was good all summer about running it every two weeks to keep them clear. Then that crap fuel line they have at academy... I was unaware that inside there was a thin clear silicone lining that gas actually breaks down. Took the boat out ran like crap. Pulled the fuel line and found all that crap in there. Fuel filter filled and I assume some got to the carbs as I cleaned it all up and still not running right. Luckily the guy I took it to said he can have it done during the split. Gave me time to get my Christmas shopping over for the boys and wife and catch up on some crown royal that had been neglected.

All be warned if you use that grey/silver fuel line from academy stop now. Go to an auto parts store and buy a real line and just splice in the primer bulb. It will save you a ton of money.
SATX duckman
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 pm

SATX duckman wrote:had to get the boat into the shop to have the carbs cleaned out. I was good all summer about running it every two weeks to keep them clear. Then that crap fuel line they have at academy... I was unaware that inside there was a thin clear silicone lining that gas actually breaks down. Took the boat out ran like crap. Pulled the fuel line and found all that crap in there. Fuel filter filled and I assume some got to the carbs as I cleaned it all up and still not running right. Luckily the guy I took it to said he can have it done during the split. Gave me time to get my Christmas shopping over for the boys and wife and catch up on some crown royal that had been neglected.

All be warned if you use that grey/silver fuel line from academy stop now. Go to an auto parts store and buy a real line and just splice in the primer bulb. It will save you a ton of money.

Yep! I learned my lesson on those cheapo attwood fuel line kits the hard way as well. It caused a season of trouble for me and it was only resolved when I bought a factory mercury fuel line and primer bulb. The merc's don't like um expecially. Don't know what motor you run but your better off with factory stuff imo. Good luck and I hope your back in action for this weekend.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:25 am

Booner squirrels: Squirrels are big and fat right now, that's also a good split activity.
tako1972
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:28 am

Dooood goto sleep tako... guess I ehouldnt say anything lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:23 am

tako1972 wrote:Booner squirrels: Squirrels are big and fat right now, that's also a good split activity.

Soooo tasty!
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm going to have to weigh him, it has to be the biggest squirrel I've taken
tako1972
hunter

Postby Mojo281 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:43 pm

tako1972 wrote:I'm going to have to weigh him, it has to be the biggest squirrel I've taken

Leaving for Kansas in t minus 12 hours and 18 minutes, will arrive in Central Kansas in 24 hours!! Oh yeah! :beer:
Make em hate it!!
Mojo281
hunter

What do y'all do during the split?

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 pm

I loathe you right now.

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Y o u S u c k M o j o!!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby Waterfowler06 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Chase snows
Waterfowler06
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:54 pm

I wake up at 5 with no alarms set just out of habit. Very annoying.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Confession time!

I still love drinking capri suns.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:10 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:Confession time!

Ha, good thing you had a kid then. I swear I drink more juice boxes and Capri sun now than when I was a kid lol
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Ha, good thing you had a kid then. I swear I drink more juice boxes and Capri sun now than when I was a kid lol

I never thought about it that way!

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote:

I never thought about it that way!

Capri suns are so good. Always have some in the cooler.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting