Duck Hunting Forum banner

Foothills hunting

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tsmart 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to be visiting my parents in mount airy, nc for 10 days around Christmas and was wondering where I can hunt around there. Any recommendations, I'm willing to drive a couple of hours. I'm hoping to get some youngsters started while I'm there. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
NCtroutbum said:
the yadkin river has some good swamps but im not familar with that area, lake hickory provides some good hunting. good luck.
Better watch out on Lake Hickory.
Most of it is in the City Limits (ticket).
And a new County Law came into affect last year (or year before) - Illegal to discharge a fire arm within 500 yards of a dwelling (ticket).

Lake Hickory hasn't ever been very productive anyhow (Wood Ducks in Oct - yea, after that... not so much...)
High Rock is the ticket. :thumbsup:

T.

#6 ·
"And a new County Law came into affect last year (or year before) - Illegal to discharge a fire arm within 500 yards of a dwelling (ticket)."

Can you tell me what county this is? I can't find any information on this and have been much closer than 500 yards in Catawba County and checked by the Warden and he never mentioned it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.