temps are going to drop!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

temps are going to drop!

Postby toolmaker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:59 pm

I was looking at the weather forecats for the rest of the week.....going down to 9 then 7 then 4 then 1 degrees all the way to saturday!!

i am heading up to maine to bang eider....which I think will be warmer than down here!!

i have been pounding the mallards...and my area is super thick with migrant canadas now........huge #'s

the river and the creeks will be packed with mallards by saturday.... the feilds are still feeding the birds..if they can find a roost they will hang around

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: temps are going to drop!

Postby Willie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Send some down to nc. Not much around here. We open the third split on Saturday. 60's and rain.
Willie
hunter

Postby sssurfertim » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Broadbills broke up into smaller groups, puddle duck hunting has been terrible. Had some teal yesterday though. Not many brant around either, they must know the season is closed.
No island leaft for Islanders like me.
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Hey tool their calling for a Noreastern for the weekend maybe you should double check
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby toolmaker » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:07 pm

870 wrote:Hey tool their calling for a Noreastern for the weekend maybe you should double check

there is NO sunday hunting in Maine....so i had planned to hunt friday and half a day saturday.. and drive home saturday...just got home a few hours ago....nothing in Maine yet hit snow in mass....we only have maybe 2-3 " now here...

was supposed to be 14 degrees with 13 mph winds on friday.....whoa....they were over 20 for sure....and i doubt it got to 14 !!

went out scouting....winds came out of the south...big white caps....the guy i was buying the goose decoys from went with me and a buddy from CT....I was thinking on the ride back from the outer islands when it was the worst and we were taking spray big time..that the guy was thinking...I am NUTS to go out with this dude! ha ha.....we were sheet of ice.. parked the boat in a lea we fianlly found and we climbed out and sat on land to warm up... sun felt nice...

no eider were flying....banged golden eye pretty good and collected the mandatory black duck each....both days....

saturday was 4 degrees in the morning...but at least the wind didnt get above maybe 8 mph.....

they are expecting up to 15 " on the Maine coast tonight.

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting