Ethical Question?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby mr drake » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Or at least i can take over their tent and spot..since obviously there isn't any place else to go as good.
Or if it's in the x as i determined it.

That would certainly be more fun than just setting up somewhere else and enjoying my day.
mr drake
hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:53 pm


Re: Ethical Question?

Postby the_duck_hunter » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Derrick, suppose you're at Elephant Butte Lake for the weekend in the summer. You set up your camper, grill, and tent. You leave for 8 hours and when you return there is someone else cooking on your grill and using your setup. When you confront them, they tell YOU to leave and that this is now their camping spot. Does this scenario sound familiar? Just wondering what you would do. It seems to me like in your case, the "lazy" ones are the people who show up to hunt the lake without their own equipment, and then feel like its ok to use someone else's. Just saying. Oh and one other thing... it's a real big lake with a lot of X's!!
Last edited by the_duck_hunter on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_duck_hunter
Newb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Be sure, you fellow and gal hunters stop in the shops and buy gas or other things like twinkies at the convenience stores. This would help revive the business revenue to restore (the gem) that once use to be. Visit other areas as well. Lot of room to roam on the the largest and most popular lake in New Mexico, this park provides camping, boating, water skiing, swimming, fishing, and hiking, and is a popular year-round destination.
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Dirt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Matt right? The guy with the airboat or are you one of his friends?
The majority has spoken on this subject. Consider yourself lucky that you met the nice guys.
Dirt
hunter
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby the_duck_hunter » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Dirt wrote:Matt right? The guy with the airboat or are you one of his friends?
The majority has spoken on this subject. Consider yourself lucky that you met the nice guys.



"Nice guys" wouldn't hunt another man's spread.
the_duck_hunter
Newb
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:19 pm

.
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Dirt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:37 pm

the_duck_hunter wrote:
Dirt wrote:Matt right? The guy with the airboat or are you one of his friends?
The majority has spoken on this subject. Consider yourself lucky that you met the nice guys.



"Nice guys" wouldn't hunt another man's spread.


If you haven't got it by now you never will. Thanks and have a nice day.
Sincerely,
Drama Free
Dirt
hunter
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Back for more » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:53 pm

the_duck_hunter wrote:Derrick, suppose you're at Elephant Butte Lake for the weekend in the summer. You set up your camper, grill, and tent. You leave for 8 hours and when you return there is someone else cooking on your grill and using your setup. When you confront them, they tell YOU to leave and that this is now their camping spot. Does this scenario sound familiar? Just wondering what you would do. It seems to me like in your case, the "lazy" ones are the people who show up to hunt the lake without their own equipment, and then feel like its ok to use someone else's. Just saying. Oh and one other thing... it's a real big lake with a lot of X's!!




About time . Your one of the most intelligent people here . The whole state has x`s everywhere but let's fight over.one ?
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: land of entrapment

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Back for more wrote:
the_duck_hunter wrote:Derrick, suppose you're at Elephant Butte Lake for the weekend in the summer. You set up your camper, grill, and tent. You leave for 8 hours and when you return there is someone else cooking on your grill and using your setup. When you confront them, they tell YOU to leave and that this is now their camping spot. Does this scenario sound familiar? Just wondering what you would do. It seems to me like in your case, the "lazy" ones are the people who show up to hunt the lake without their own equipment, and then feel like its ok to use someone else's. Just saying. Oh and one other thing... it's a real big lake with a lot of X's!!




About time . Your one of the most intelligent people here . The whole state has x`s everywhere but let's fight over.one ?


Twinkies and coffee.............. break time..........
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Dirt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Nasty Boy wrote:
Back for more wrote:
the_duck_hunter wrote:Derrick, suppose you're at Elephant Butte Lake for the weekend in the summer. You set up your camper, grill, and tent. You leave for 8 hours and when you return there is someone else cooking on your grill and using your setup. When you confront them, they tell YOU to leave and that this is now their camping spot. Does this scenario sound familiar? Just wondering what you would do. It seems to me like in your case, the "lazy" ones are the people who show up to hunt the lake without their own equipment, and then feel like its ok to use someone else's. Just saying. Oh and one other thing... it's a real big lake with a lot of X's!!




About time . Your one of the most intelligent people here . The whole state has x`s everywhere but let's fight over.one ?


Twinkies and coffee.............. break time..........


Popcorn bro. Twinkies are not good. Ask bfm. If there's anything you need to know or thought you knew...well you don't.
Bfm does.
Dirt
hunter
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:00 pm

CAMPING vs HUNTING??? Apples vs Grapes!!!

Elk hunting in NM has become "for most" a water hole sitting game, it's not really my thing, but after 3-4 days of pounding rock if I need a break I'll sit them. At almost every water tank you'll find either a portable blind or tree stand on PUBLIC land, the argument remains the same, does your portable blind or your tree stand privatize that water hole???? If unoccupied.

Camping...are we really talking camping?

What's next a parking space at TD's? :tongue:
Blackfoot Inc
hunter
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby STICKLER » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 pm

:thumbsup:
Blackfoot Inc wrote:CAMPING vs HUNTING??? Apples vs Grapes!!!

Elk hunting in NM has become "for most" a water hole sitting game, it's not really my thing, but after 3-4 days of pounding rock if I need a break I'll sit them. At almost every water tank you'll find either a portable blind or tree stand on PUBLIC land, the argument remains the same, does your portable blind or your tree stand privatize that water hole???? If unoccupied.

Camping...are we really talking camping?

What's next a parking space at TD's? :tongue:
Carpe Diem
User avatar
STICKLER
hunter
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:24 pm
Location: TX/NM

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby KHerbst » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:24 pm

I see we have a few new members! :welcome: First second and third post all on this subject. I really hate Avatars....allows pencil necks to puff up behind the Avatar and keyboard. Makes one wander why they just now jumped into the thread.

Hunt another's equipment.........I think Dirt killed a limit 3 days straight with 4 decoys. How much equipment do you need?

Buck Gardner once had me on the edge of my seat preparing to tell me the #1 secret to shooting a lot of ducks! "find out where the ducks wanna be,, get there first"! Damn it's that easy! :thumbsup:

Good luck this weekend- the race is on.
KHerbst
hunter
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby quackadikt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:35 pm

the_duck_hunter wrote:Derrick, suppose you're at Elephant Butte Lake for the weekend in the summer. You set up your camper, grill, and tent. You leave for 8 hours and when you return there is someone else cooking on your grill and using your setup. When you confront them, they tell YOU to leave and that this is now their camping spot. Does this scenario sound familiar? Just wondering what you would do. It seems to me like in your case, the "lazy" ones are the people who show up to hunt the lake without their own equipment, and then feel like its ok to use someone else's. Just saying. Oh and one other thing... it's a real big lake with a lot of X's!!


You'll fit in just fine with some of the folks here.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:39 pm

.
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:48 pm

.
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:55 pm

.
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby mr drake » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:18 am

:zzz:
Last edited by mr drake on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mr drake
hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:39 am

.
Last edited by Nasty Boy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby quackadikt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 am

mr drake wrote:I'll take that x and raise you more regulations

Drawing for an area

Must buy a permit and register with the parks.

Take a one hour course and test on ethics, identification

One box of shells


Brilliant work !

It's all on the table being considered thanks to some bad decisions of a few effecting everyone.


For people that have never hunted, or don't know anyone that does hunt and want to start hunting on there own, a class would be a huge help. There are lots of people that aren't starting to hunt until they are adults, so they never had a parent or an uncle teach them anything about anything. A class telling them that it's not kosher to setup within 350 yards of someone, not to run your boat through a raft of ducks as a way of scouting, or teaching them the basics of IDing birds and not shooting something before you CAN ID it don't exactly sound horrible.

Would being limited to a box of shells really be an issue? One box of shells keeps people from skybusting and will keep folks from shooting just to shoot. If you can't kill 6 ducks with 25 shells, I don't know what to tell you. That being said, I don't want more regulations. If I want to take 3 boxes of shells into the field, I should be able to.

In the grand scheme of things, this state has no idea what rubberheads, crowded areas, or non-ethical duck hunters are.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby jayclarkie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:55 am

im all for the class...take it once, get a number, and you're good for life...ala the good 'ol hunter safety card.
Sorry folks, park's closed...
User avatar
jayclarkie
hunter
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 am
Location: 505

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby mr drake » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:01 am

I'm good with the ten shells for ducks but i hope we see the canada season open like the rest of the state as per our tier group from the flyway counsel suggested.

The testing will be at state parks building or with the university.

Oh.... i do not own an airboat...but the parks do...

As for watching ... i have been watching you and everyone else for many years.

Sad to see what is happening to the lake and hope the duck hunting community fixes their hostilities and stealing of other hunters enjoyment.

Better to make friends and appreciate the experience than prove a point to beat ones chest.

I truely think it's major cool, how good we have it for everyone.
mr drake
hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby quackadikt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:17 am

Yea, the mrgv goose season is semi-retarded.

I also think the crane drawing and the lakes being off limits for cranes is stupid. If the populations aren't high enough to have a normal season on them like the eastern part of the state, regulate them like turkeys and just give everyone 2 crane permits and close the season before too many Greaters get down here.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
User avatar
quackadikt
State Moderator
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am
Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Nasty Boy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:40 am

mr drake wrote:I'm good with the ten shells for ducks but i hope we see the canada season open like the rest of the state as per our tier group from the flyway counsel suggested.

The testing will be at state parks building or with the university.

Oh.... i do not own an airboat...but the parks do...

As for watching ... i have been watching you and everyone else for many years.

Sad to see what is happening to the lake and hope the duck hunting community fixes their hostilities and stealing of other hunters enjoyment.

Better to make friends and appreciate the experience than prove a point to beat ones chest.

I truely think it's major cool, how good we have it for everyone.


If you have the hand that feeds the counsel.

WHY HAVE YOU YOU LEFT OUT REGULATIONS ON LEAVING OUT DECOYS OVER NIGHT to claim a spot 93 days of the season. And racing up and down the lakes with air boats scaring up birds so these groups of hunters can harvest their share of unsportman like conduct. Its a shame if i become a bird watcher do to your nasty tactics with someone with push like you and some monies such as you. I will become a bird watcher and make sure you will never get to hunt such a area as well. This is sad for my son and the rest of the younger generations. So you and your tier group can look out for your own best interest.

YOUR GONNA RUIN THE REVENUE for ELEPHANT BUTTE STATE PARK and the CITY. Wonder what they think of all this. I am a local too.
Nasty Boy
hunter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm
Location: Murder Death Kill

Re: Ethical Question?

Postby Dirt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:43 am

mr drake wrote:
It's all on the table being considered thanks to some bad decisions of a few effecting everyone.
Better to make friends and appreciate the experience than prove a point to beat ones chest.


If 8-12 guys filling bags on hens and sailing Multiple cripples, then pushing the fan boat to get em moving are your kind of friends I think I will pass.
Dirt
hunter
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico

PreviousNext

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests