Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby red408lx » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:56 pm

22 ducks and 2 Geese, one was this awesome MAllard Pintail Hybrid. It's going on the wall!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (43.4 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
red408lx
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Norman, OK


Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby micneador » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Well at least someone killed a few birds. I got the skunk, the thaw we Friday screwed up the pattern I had on my river hole. Tomorrow though will hopefully be a different story.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
User avatar
micneador
hunter
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: sapulpa, ok

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby red408lx » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:50 pm

We were on a river as well and couldn't keep them out of the decoys.
red408lx
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Norman, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby okbucksnducks » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Those always look cool. What did it come in with?
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby red408lx » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:Those always look cool. What did it come in with?


Mallards....it decoyed right up.
red408lx
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Norman, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby okbucksnducks » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Always interesting to hear what they come in with if not a single
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby ok_ark_ducknut » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:35 pm

That needs to be on the wall! So cool.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ok_ark_ducknut
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby Minneguy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:45 pm

That's probably the coolest bird I've seen. Can other species cross? What does that count towards, your mallard limit, your pintail limit or your overall?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minneguy
hunter
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby okbucksnducks » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:37 am

Minneguy wrote:That's probably the coolest bird I've seen. Can other species cross? What does that count towards, your mallard limit, your pintail limit or your overall?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Basically, any duck can cross with another duck. In your limit, it counts as an other. Hypothetically, you could shoot 6 hybrids here since our duck limit is 6.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby UrbanDuckMan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:37 pm

That reminds me ... still got one from last season out in the Freezer ... gotta dig him out and get him to the Taxidermist!

439 Grand Total for The Season ....
UrbanDuckMan
UrbanDuckMan
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby Minneguy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Okbucksnducks - so it's like breeds of chicken kinda. Wow that's news to me! You learn something new every day! I'd love to see a woodie mallard cross, or a goldeneye crosses with like a redhead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minneguy
hunter
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby micneador » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm

somebody posted on the honey hole last night about a mallard wood duck cross, beautiful looking bird. I like your pin cross better.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
User avatar
micneador
hunter
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: sapulpa, ok

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby red408lx » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm

micneador wrote:somebody posted on the honey hole last night about a mallard wood duck cross, beautiful looking bird. I like your pin cross better.


Thank ya sir, already can't wait to get it back from the taxidermist!
red408lx
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Norman, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby okbucksnducks » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Minneguy wrote:Okbucksnducks - so it's like breeds of chicken kinda. Wow that's news to me! You learn something new every day! I'd love to see a woodie mallard cross, or a goldeneye crosses with like a redhead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Google search for some. You'll come across a lot.

Also, look for the thread "the Waterfowler's Wall" or something like that in the taxidermy forum. He has a lot of different hybrids mounted.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby okbucksnducks » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:10 pm

okbucksnducks wrote:
Minneguy wrote:Okbucksnducks - so it's like breeds of chicken kinda. Wow that's news to me! You learn something new every day! I'd love to see a woodie mallard cross, or a goldeneye crosses with like a redhead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Google search for some. You'll come across a lot.

Also, look for the thread "the Waterfowler's Wall" or something like that in the taxidermy forum. He has a lot of different hybrids mounted.


Here's the link to that thread

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=96960
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
User avatar
okbucksnducks
hunter
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am
Location: Ochelata, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby lost » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Cool looking hybrid.
lost
hunter
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:42 am
Location: OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby red408lx » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Pic from the taxidermist!
Attachments
image.jpg
red408lx
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Norman, OK

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby JDog » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Damn man, great looking mount! And your taxidermist works fast. Looks like birdman studios work?
User avatar
JDog
hunter
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: Mallard Pintail hybrid Awesome 2nd opener

Postby red408lx » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:08 am

JDog wrote:Damn man, great looking mount! And your taxidermist works fast. Looks like birdman studios work?


Yes sir!
red408lx
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Norman, OK


Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests