TMP pools open???

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

TMP pools open???

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:07 pm

anyone know what fields/pools are open at ten mile pond? havent been out there yet this year, not asking what ones are holding ducks or geese, just wich ones are they allowing you to hunt? :huh:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Re: TMP pools open???

Postby sehunter1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:06 am

Pretty much none are worth it. I was down there week and if you didn't pull pill one you didn't do good. Thick ice, not a lot of pumping. Sucks....
sehunter1
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 pm

The last time I called the recorder they were drawing for 13 positions. I'm sure sehunter's reply is accurate but with so few spots to hunt I doubt you will ever get anyone on here to say "yea it's great, head on over there and get in line with us".
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby sehunter1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:14 pm

870shooter wrote:The last time I called the recorder they were drawing for 13 positions. I'm sure sehunter's reply is accurate but with so few spots to hunt I doubt you will ever get anyone on here to say "yea it's great, head on over there and get in line with us".

Pretty much. To be true ten mile is like any other draw area, it's piss poor in ice. The best holes right now are whatever is being pumped, whether they are traditional hotspots or not. Ice should melt this week some, hopefully enough to get the ducks off the river and up from Arkansas.
sehunter1
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:45 pm

to be honest, id could care less about the ducks :rolleyes: i have killed plenty. went down there yesterday, i wanted to hunt some open field for geese and ducks, but for some stupid reason they werent hunting any of the fields at all, none of the units had open enough field to put a decent goose spread in. i drew pill 6 and ended up in R2. there was open water, and it was easy enough to put a duck spread in, but the ducks were mostly working that little open water hole about 300 yards away on private ground. had a few flocks come in, but couldnt get the job done. it sucked bad. why wont the open a freakin field up for geese? :sad: :huh: :no:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting