How was your season in Tennessee??

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

How was your season in Tennessee??

Postby dgquail » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:45 am

I hunt in several club type settings, one south of Reelfoot Lake, one near the Obion river and Whites Lake and the other on the South Forked Deer. All were depressing, we killed several ducks on the first two but not near our standard, as far as the South Fork goes it might as well as been dead.
dgquail
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:45 pm

I'm right in your area. I live in Dyer Co. and I hunt all over the western half of the county. We've got a lease about 2 miles from White's Lake that's right by the Mississippi that we did average at. Hunted one of my friend's places a few times between Lenox and Finley. We did really well out there. It was the first year he had a pit out there. I also do a lot of hunting on some state ground. I would say I had an average year. Didn't kill a lot, but had some pretty good hunts. Just didn't get to go as much as I would have liked to. All that backwater really hurt us the last half of the season.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby dukhuntr22 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:02 pm

I hunt on the obion near Rives. We had the best year we have ever had out of our blind. We killed right at 250 which I know is nothing to most people but it was the best season i've ever had (i've only hunted 3 years). We had some good days and some bad but only 2 skunk days. I am pleased with the way it went for us I just wish everyone else had a good season and from what I hear it was spotty at best.
dukhuntr22
Newb

Postby quackkiller » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:20 pm

Welcome to Duckhuntingchat. Glad to hear you had a good season.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:02 am

not to good, but it aint over yet :getdown:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:38 pm

my season officially ended 2 saturdays ago. I wrapped it up with a skunker day with 3 wood ducks. What was cool though is that I had a double on a drake and a hen. Now I am going to get them mounted together. :getdown:
frazier2209
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting