getting pumped

Post now and share useful Kentucky duck hunting information. A few topics of discussion would be public hunting land in Kentucky, local techniques, and much more.

Moderators: duckbuster06, kydrake

getting pumped

Postby greenriverwader » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 pm

I have scouted all day today finally found some birds. hopefully my luck will turn around now. hope all you guys on here are burning them up
greenriverwader
Newb

Re: getting pumped

Postby chrispbrown271 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:48 am

Hooked the boat up three days ago and as I came to a stop after pulling it forward a bit my brake pedal went to the floor. Blew a brake line! So I have been grounded since then. Hopefully I can get it fixed today and tomorrow morning I will be able to get at some ducks....been killing me all these pictures of dead duck I have been seeing!
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Birds have been everywhere since season started around me. By far the best start I've had. The ice has hurt us on a few hunts, but can't win em' all.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby greenriverwader » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:43 pm

I had my best day this year so far. scouting is expensive with high gas prices but it paid off today. either of you guys ever hunt cedar creek lake scouted that too. never seen so many coots in my life
greenriverwader
Newb

Postby brsutton86 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:54 pm

greenriverwader wrote:I had my best day this year so far. scouting is expensive with high gas prices but it paid off today. either of you guys ever hunt cedar creek lake scouted that too. never seen so many coots in my life

The locals call cedar creek, coot creek. It can be good, but it gets alot of pressure, and skybusters. I go a couple times a year if i dont find any birds anywhere else, but its usually last on my list. Seems to get more divers than anywhere else in central ky ive hunted. But, the big groups of ducks like sitting in the middle of the lake, making them nonhuntable. i have had some good shoots at times, just dont have high hopes every hunt. Scouting is expensive but froyo wanna kill birds consistently its a must, esp central ky. Now geese, i know where they frequent i can just show up at a few different spots when theres no ducks on my ponds and have a pretty good shoot. Hunted your green river area a few times too, but the locals seemed to always get that hot spot where the ducks wanna be so I quit drivin down.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

brsutton86
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:55 pm

By the way, if you had your best day wheres the pics?? This forum works like this, It didn't happen if there's no pics. lol
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

brsutton86
hunter

Postby greenriverwader » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

brsutton86 wrote:By the way, if you had your best day wheres the pics?? This forum works like this, It didn't happen if there's no pics. lol

I never said wE killed ducks lol it was just my best day of the season. Did kill two mallards but worked several different groups of birds and geese. Don't know how to load pics
greenriverwader
Newb

Return to Kentucky Duck Hunting