Real Geese stake hole punch or Hammer Punch

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Real Geese stake hole punch or Hammer Punch

Postby durb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Stake hole punch is shorter/ lighter and cheaper. Hammer punch is larger/ heavier/ more expensive, but doesnt take as much manual labor to put a hole in the ground for goose silo's. I like easier, but price and weight/size are downfalls. Please help me decide. I live in Illinois, if that helps?
durb
hunter

Re: Real Geese stake hole punch or Hammer Punch

Postby MNH » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Get both, hole punch is quick will work early, days of single temps and its the slide punch. Never really had to use the slide punch except for a few places where there was no crop cover on the dirt.
MNH
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:41 pm

I use neither, I have a battery driven drill and simply and quickly drill the holes, no need to worry about frozen ground
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 am

Make a stake step like this. Get some flat stock, weld on the two horizontal pieces and you're done. A hole that is closer in size and shape then a drill bit, and easier than hitting a stake with a hammer.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 438 times
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Return to Goose Decoy Forum