Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.
Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil
blunt object to the head or 22 Rim fire? Preparing my first line this weekend.
- Posts: 1347
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:19 am
- Location: yorktown VA
I would at the very least carry a .22 cal rifle in the truck in case I caught a skunk. I imagine that shooting it a 50 or 100 yards would be infinitely better than trying to whack it with a bat, release it, or stick a syringe in it.
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 pm
- Location: NE Kansas
Another vote for the .22 rimfire.
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:16 am
500 s&w all the way...hard to beat the power!!!
just kidding...22 to the head
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 7:03 am
claw hammer and carry a gun too.
so how did you get on????
- Posts: 754
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 am
- Location: South Island New Zealand
We just use a shovel to kill a trapped dog. Whack them over the head with the flat of the blade, you got to hit them hard. A bat works to but I hate to get that close to the whirling devil.
The last best place.
- Posts: 446
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 pm
- Location: Not quite the left coast almost Canada
Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest