Any one hunting tomorrow?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, fowl mouth, callncut, Ichabod97

Any one hunting tomorrow?

Postby N2hunt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:18 pm

I am going, not sure yet how ducks react to weather as we are having now. I do know one thing though can't see anything if you aren't out there, do any if you seasoned guys have any knowledge you could share about weather and ducks? Best of luck to those of you hunting and Merry Christmas!
N2hunt
hunter

Re: Any one hunting tomorrow?

Postby Ducks27 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't know if tomorrow could be worse than today, the only good thing was not freezing after the down poor because it 60 degrees. change in temps change in wind direction, there is potential... maybe... like you said will find out tomorrow
Ducks27
hunter

Postby Willie » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Im going, but hunting close to home (Raleigh area). Supposed to cool down in the 40's and a little wind out of the northerly direction.
Willie
hunter

Postby LEWDOG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:50 pm

there is no such thing as a bad day to duck hunt but today the sky was dull with the clouds and the cold North something winds had the birds on the wing looking for the best lee . Geese and swan were on the move as well , dang a cell phone and the honey do short list . Today the afternoon jump hunt of wood ponds isn't going to be a bag full of the dead but taking the kids out to the blind will make up for it .

:hammer: LD :hammer:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby N2hunt » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:07 pm

Well it wasn't the greatest of days, I saw plenty if wood ducks ways about 10 yards to far out and Rollin about Mach 5. I heard mallards out in the distance, and had one group of 4 heading to the spread, circled once look as if they were coming down, and flared last second. Did have some mergansers land in the spread though.
N2hunt
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting