Duck Hunting Forum banner

Word of the Day, december 24, 2013, Isaiah 9:6

714 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  11-87 Va 
#1 ·
Word of the Day, December 24, 2013

" O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free thine own from Satan's tyranny. From depths of hell Thy people save and give them victory o'er the grave. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to thee, O Israel. "

Isaiah 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.[/
B]

Do we all remember the reason for the season? Christ is the answer. For unto us a child is born. Let me give you a few prophecies about the birth of Christ our LORD, born of a virgin, of the family of Jesse, born of the house of David, born in Bethlehem and that He will be our KIng of Kings.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Psalms 72:11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Jeremiah 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

If you will take a moment with your family today or tomorrow and read the CHRISTmas story. It is located in Luke 2:1-20. It all started with a birth of a boy that was GOD in the flesh to come to earth to preach and show us the love of GOD and to die for ALL of our sins.

Our LORD and Saviour is the Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty GOD, Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, the Word of GOD, the Bright Morning Star, the Living One, the True Light, I Am, Immanuel, the Rock, the Messiah, the Shepherd, the High Priest, the Passover Lamb, the Mediator, the Horn of Salvation, the Son of Man, the Alpha and Omega, the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and the Great I AM.

The gift child in this verse is the same divine Child as Immanuel. It is like Isaiah already knew He was born and knew Him with the words Wonderful, Counselor. This is a single word in Hebrew I learned today, Pele' yo'ets. Everlasting means Father of Eternity and the source of eternal life. We read Prince of Peace and do we really know that Christ will be our benevolent ruler bringing us eternal peace on earth via the establishment of His Kingdom. Immanuel (GOD with us) is now clear for me, He is Himself GOD incarnated.

Let's celebrate the birth of Christ tomorrow and not the presents, tree, lights, the food, drinks and everything else but the real reason for the season, Jesus Christ our LORD and Saviour. All of those other gifts fade, but Christ will always remain. Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family.

" If you told me all about your sorrows, I'd tell you about a cure. If you told me you can't fight the battle, there's a Baby Boy who won the war. The war was won by a Baby Boy. Alleluia, we can sing it, Alleluia, Heaven's ringing, Alleluia! Endless hope and endless joy started with a Baby Boy."

Timothy Furness

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.