cool hunt

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

cool hunt

Postby zippyduck » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Started by getting to the PI gate early, but someone else beast me there. We talked for quite a while and found out all of us would be hoping owners did not show. We came up with a plan and implemented it and got the blind we hoped for.
Well we setup almost 200 deeks and it looked great but someone setup in a boat straight out from us. Hunting was slow very few shot from anyone and 0 from us, until the boat moved at 10 a.m. From 10 to 12 our blind alone got a limit of bills and a can.
Thanks to Matt and Ryan for working with me for a cool hunt, I will get together with them anytime.
they had to leave at 12, but I kept at it only to watch bill after bill scream into the deeks, and miss id'd a redhead til it flew away.
Then it started a beaver began to make several trips past me, climb onto shore at the next blind, cut down saplings and drag them past my deeks. That was the icing on a very cool day.
My birds
the beaver
Sorry for the cell pics
zippyduck
hunter

Re: cool hunt

Postby clymerfowler » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:29 pm

what blind did you hunt?
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby zippyduck » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:16 pm

clymerfowler wrote:what blind did you hunt?

Good luck getting someone to disclose a good location. Sorry, but if i told you I would have less of a chance to get in it again.
not trying to be an @$$, just being honest.
zippyduck
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:46 pm

zippyduck wrote:
clymerfowler wrote:what blind did you hunt?

Good luck getting someone to disclose a good location. Sorry, but if i told you I would have less of a chance to get in it again.
not trying to be an @$$, just being honest.

This.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:11 pm

we hunted 35 tuesday and got a black. missed a pair of greenheads, and a drake bb.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby minktrapper » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:19 pm

I recognize the blind...been one of our most productive this year...the one 2 blinds up always outdraws it when we are there though.
minktrapper
hunter

Postby zippyduck » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:31 pm

yes it does but it is always occupied and I always hunt weekdays. I got it one day when the wind was wrong and still got alot of birds to work.
zippyduck
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting