Word of the Day, December 26, 2013, Isaiah 25:1, 8-9

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 26, 2013, Isaiah 25:1, 8-9

Postby timf » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:56 am

Word of the Day, December 26, 2013 

“ Joyful, joyful, we adore thee, God of glory, Lord of love; hearts unfold like flowers before thee, opening to the sun above. Melt the clouds of sin and sadness; drive the dark of doubt away. Giver of immortal gladness, fill us with the light of day! “

Isaiah 25:1, 8-9

1 O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Our LORD, thou art my God, I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name. I experienced this during my time in the pit. I realized that I had to praise His name and exalt Him through all of this time in the pit and out of the pit. On the mountain top and down in the valley. The prophet Isaiah was praising God for His past judgments and then turns around and praises Him for their future salvation. Isaiah has chosen Jehovah, he honors God, amazed at the wonders of God, he is thankful for the divine counsel and God’s divine faithfulness to His people. Isaiah is praising God for the triumph of His judgement of the world.

I think this chapter is about two different occasions. The first point is about the present day of Isaiah and him talking about the enemies of Israel and the second point is also about God swallowing up death in victory and no more tears because He will wipe them away and the act of God’s grace will bring His people into the millennial kingdom.

Verse eight I believe is a messianic prophecies of Christ with His sacrifice at Calvary will destroy the power of death with everlasting life for those that choose Him. Death vanishes and life comes from Him and Him alone. Our sorrow and tears will be banished, and God’s word is sure and the resurrection of His people from death for those that chose Christ and God’s rebuke will be gone from the new heaven and earth.

In verse 9, the key word in this verse and the Book of Isaiah is salvation. Isaiah talks about the hope of salvation of his people, the Israelites. This is about Christ coming into the world and Him bringing the gift of salvation for us.

We need to read this book to learn about the promise of God’ great gift of salvation though His son, Jesus Christ. We need to thank Him for the valleys and the mountain tops in our life and that the story of Christ’s birth is really about the future story of HIs grace and salvation for all of mankind that is willing to accept His gift. We need to be glad and rejoice in this gift of salvation. Give God the glory today!

“ Lord of all creation, of water, earth, and sky. The heavens are Your tabernacle. Glory to the Lord on high. God of wonder beyond our galaxy, you are holy, holy. The universe declares Your majesty. You are holy, holy. Lord of heaven and earth. Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality