"Track" phones v. cell phones?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

"Track" phones v. cell phones?

Postby macdaddy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:20 am

Guys: Walmart has a "trac(k)" phone that seems to work similarly to a cell phone. Paul Harvey was advertising them for a while. Any of youns ever had any experience w/ these track phones? :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown: ? How do they compare to cell phones? I ask because it's good to have a mobile phone to stay in touch w/ loved ones & for emergencies (they can happen to anyone, any time).
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:48 am

i use sprintpcs. imo, it has better coverage everywhere in the country. especially in the more rural areas of the south. i think the track phones are pay as you go type deals. i don't like that cause i never know how many minutes i may need and once you run out, it cuts off until you add more (this is what i have heard anyway.) i would hate to need (emergency, etc.) to use the phone only to not have the minutes available.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:30 am

That's right on about the pay as you go thing. I don't think I'd like that either. Some of the new deals the Wireless companies aren't to pricy if you use your phone right. I'm with Cingular and so are the majority of the people I know, so I talk to them free any time of the day. I get pretty many anytime minutes too.
gsphunter
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole