Snows in March?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Snows in March?

Postby dukkilr6 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:37 am

Guys I am a college student looking for a snow goose trip sometime over my spring break. The dates are the 4th through the 14th. I'm wondering where the snows are at this time. I have never hunted them but hear all kinds of great stories about clouds of them coming in. If anyone knows where they are at this time and where I could hunt them let me know. Also any guides in the area would be helpful. Thanks
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:51 pm

Way too early to tell for sure where they will be. Most likely SD or ND or maybe even NE if they are stalled by a blizzard. The weather is a BIG factor, thus what late winter snow storms occur in the upper plains will determine where they will be. Best to check the migration forum end of this month.

Admin2 :smile:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:09 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:59 pm

You will know if there is any geese around by me because I will be posting up on here like heck.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Chris_Hustad » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:40 pm

SD is the best bet at that time.

When I was in college, I spent my spring breaks normally in SD or Nebraska. Leave your options open, and look to plan the week before leaving as you never know what Mother Nature will dish out.
Chris_Hustad
Site Admin

snows in march

Postby claimer » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:14 pm

hunting aberdeen area march 25-27; don't like the full moon and a little late if the weather doesn't hold them; as an add on, hunted nd. near minot in october; heard bowbells area good for snows; is mid/late april still season there ; when is best time for snows in north nd. ; please consult the nodac crystal ball.thanks, jim.
claimer
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum