need a mentor

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, jsa, cartervj, andrew_kirby

need a mentor

Postby phil3562 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Hello

I live in Elyria Lorain COunty and have Been hunting for several years manly deer and rabbit really want to get into water fowl hunting and need someone to show me the ins and outs you can read about stuff about it all day but does not take the place of one on one time with someone who knows,does and loves the sport

Thanks
phil3562
Newb

Re: need a mentor

Postby phanvey » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:19 am

Phil3562,
I'm also Phil, have hunted ducks for many years in WA, MD, NC and SC. I've only been in OH for a few years and hunted Sandusky once but want to hunt it again. Prefer not to hunt alone and would love to show you the ropes. You're not far from potentially great bird hunting but it could be really slow, depends on weather and lots of luck. PM me if you're interested or at phanvey@icloud.com.
Phil
phanvey
Newb

Postby dbradley120 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Phil,

I just moved to North Ridgeville this summer and looking to find some fellow waterfowlers in the area. I'm a long time duck and goose hunter. No expert by any means, but I've shot lots of birds over the years. Always prefer decoying birds. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime.

Dammit Dave
dbradley120
hunter

Postby dan460302 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 pm

hi im from canton and new to waterfowl this year to looking for some people to go with
dan460302
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting