Canada Goose Floater Decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Re: Canada Goose Floater Decoys

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:03 pm

Either can I.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby D.m.yurkovich » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:00 am

Yeah, I got quite a deal. They were already on sale from 180 to 140. Stayed on sale with none being sold for about a month. I approached the manager and asked if that was the best he could do because he was obviously wasn't selling any. So he brought them down to 99.99.

With all the disbelief I should have boughten the rest out and sold them to you guys for a good mark up.
D.m.yurkovich
Newb

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 am

I'm not a Dakota fan and go with is made in the US and has worked for over 30 years. So, they would of stayed in your hands just like the store. Hurry. Go buy them!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby D.m.yurkovich » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am

Very well.
D.m.yurkovich
Newb

Postby sooner737 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:35 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:I'm not a Dakota fan and go with is made in the US and has worked for over 30 years. So, they would of stayed in your hands just like the store. Hurry. Go buy them!

Do you own a cell phone?
sooner737
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Cellphone made overseas has nothing to do with decoys. Good try. And, even if a cell phone was actually manufactured in the US, it still has a foreign chip in it since a supplier has the utility patent for every phone. Carry on.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Also the Dunn's BF floaters aren't including shipping. There is another retailer that has $296 shipped to the door per dozen. Wait. They might own cellphones...
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Get out of here with your "made in America" condescending crap.
You want a pat on the back? I'm so sick of people like you flaunting your "Made in Merica" Like you're better than others. Esp when yall always follow the statement with "used for x amount of years and worked fine" like you have to justify your choice to everyone. Nobody cares. Btw you could of at least bought a moto x.....at least it's assembled and created jobs in America...."merican" I've been using my merican smartphone for months and it makes calls just fine.
sooner737
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:49 pm

No pat on the back. I rather keep our money in America. Your tyrannical and antifuedal rant isn't justifiable over decoy prices and brands. You spend your money were you like. I make it a point to buy "made in the U.S.A." Sorry you are so cynical against democracy.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:10 am

Says the gentleman destroying the infrastructure of America in his "location" I have no problem buying America/democracy/you buying American....I have a problem with your condescending comment toward the guy buying dakota. How bout instead of saying "keep our money in America" companies saying buy us buy us we are made in America, why don't you say "buy our product because it's the best and backed by our word/guarantee"
sooner737
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:24 am

W-T-F! You have issues. Unfortunately, I can predict that you would have trouble telling me where I live. Along the same lines those are convictions. Not alleged assumptions nor charges. Convictions. Quite condescending I am suggesting BFs. Damn me. I should be whipped.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:47 am

I have seen extremely good results in the Fully Flocked Dakota Floaters. I baby them and put a pillow case around them and then in a 4 slot bag. But I have seen extremely good results.

Sent from my Tim Grounds Super Mag
xtrema13
hunter

Postby D.m.yurkovich » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Correct. The Dunn's price I quoted does not include shipping and handling. I stated that they do not charge the extra shipping and handling that cabelas does. Cabelas enjoys charging an extra ~$15 on large boxes on top of the normal shipping handling cost. That wasn't the case for Dunn's.

End of the day I hope the guy who started this thread bought the dekes he wanted for a good price.
D.m.yurkovich
Newb

Postby henslayer101 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:29 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:No pat on the back. I rather keep our money in America. Your tyrannical and antifuedal rant isn't justifiable over decoy prices and brands. You spend your money were you like. I make it a point to buy "made in the U.S.A." Sorry you are so cynical against democracy.

I think democracy means you can make your products anywhere you want and import them. Against democracy would be what you are saying

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
henslayer101
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Nope. Democracy was brought to this land to cut ties and control from a overpowering country. Was it not? Why would we as supporters of democracy put money into the hands of another country and even a different government. Maybe supporting capitalism would be a better gesture. My money stays in the country if it can.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby henslayer101 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:30 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:Nope. Democracy was brought to this land to cut ties and control from a overpowering country. Was it not? Why would we as supporters of democracy put money into the hands of another country and even a different government. Maybe supporting capitalism would be a better gesture. My money stays in the country if it can.

So we have freedom to do what we want. Like buying and selling from other countries, etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
henslayer101
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Holy crap....Well thanks and I think we can stop the debate on the politics and get back to the dekes.
I am going to have to wait till closer to season since I couldn't get the duck and goose dekes at the same time.
I'm going to go with Big Foots or Avians.
I honestly have heard enough positives about the Big Foots that those are the ones I want but we will see what I can find when I can get the money to get 2 boxes.
As far as Dunn's I haven't heard of them but I'll be sure to check them out. I'm assuming they will charge an arm and a leg to get stuff to Alaska too. But I'll be sure to check them out and see how they do.
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot at.
Mallards 2
Green-Wing Teal 18
Shoveler 2
Scaup (bluebill) 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby ksgoosekilr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Heres slme more for ya :thumbsup:

ksgoosekilr
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:14 pm

KSGoose,
Those are awesome. I especially love the mallards and the goose sitting right in with your dekes. Are those all bigfoots? It looks like it.
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot at.
Mallards 2
Green-Wing Teal 18
Shoveler 2
Scaup (bluebill) 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Most are BFs. At least a majority are. A few are 2005-present GHG OS Sleepers and GHG FBs.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:10 pm

GHG look better

Sent from my Tim Grounds Super Mag
xtrema13
hunter

Postby ksgoosekilr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:28 pm

All the floaters are BFs
ksgoosekilr
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

Awesome. I got my duck dekes, and am waiting to get enough to get 2 packs of the big foots and looking for a sale. In the mean time working with a buddy to learn the short reed goose call (Buck Honker Hammer & Grey Ghost) before season and the geese get here!
Mallards 2
Green-Wing Teal 18
Shoveler 2
Scaup (bluebill) 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:32 am

Wait for the B2s to go to $119 or $129. Every season since they launched they have been down to $119. Also, they aren't the same plastic as the Originals.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Awesome, sounds good. New plastic better or worse then the original? Sounds like better since you recommend I wait for it.
Mallards 2
Green-Wing Teal 18
Shoveler 2
Scaup (bluebill) 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Goose Decoy Forum