ice skating

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

ice skating

Postby possumfoot » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:55 pm

who want to go ice scating across arkansas and Mo. about wed morning.. looks like the only thing that will not feeze is the mississippi river. :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Re: ice skating

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:39 pm

HEY!! MAYBE WE'LL GET A PUSH?......not.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:51 pm

possumfoot wrote:who want to go ice scating across arkansas and Mo. about wed morning.. looks like the only thing that will not feeze is the mississippi river. :lol3:

Well you can drive a truck across the Mississippi river up here.
Suppose to be -18 and -19 for two days next week.
I'm ready for spring and mushrooms.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm

The single largest track of bottomland hardwoods is flooded in AR and every duck in Merica knows it. Me thinks the running water will suffice for antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:03 pm

possumfoot wrote:who want to go ice scating across arkansas and Mo. about wed morning.. looks like the only thing that will not feeze is the mississippi river. :lol3:

Well, I was going to chase some yotes this week. Should I start packing now? I'll pick you up on my way South.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:11 pm

"Coldest Arctic Air in 20 years"...
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/coldest-arctic-outbreak-1990s-midwest-south-east-20140103

Use to be all it took to guarantee good numbers of ducks in the south Louisiana marshes was temperatures like these, not so anymore I guess. Mallards always stayed north in good numbers, but most others could be found here with weather like that. Guess we will find out soon.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby bighop » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Indaswamp wrote:"Coldest Arctic Air in 20 years"...
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/coldest-arctic-outbreak-1990s-midwest-south-east-20140103

Use to be all it took to guarantee good numbers of ducks in the south Louisiana marshes was temperatures like these, not so anymore I guess. Mallards always stayed north in good numbers, but most others could be found here with weather like that. Guess we will find out soon.

Probably can't get much worse than it's been, so here's to hoping....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby possumfoot » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:

Well, I was going to chase some yotes this week. Should I start packing now? I'll pick you up on my way South.

oh, i forgot to mention.. we won't be frozen either. :wink: well, not totally.. whould have about an acre open even with a high of 4 and lows of 0 and -2.. i bet i can find a canada goose some where.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:22 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:

oh, i forgot to mention.. we won't be frozen either. :wink: well, not totally.. whould have about an acre open even with a high of 4 and lows of 0 and -2.. i bet i can find a canada goose some where.

I've been told that a number of Specks and snows have made their way South on these North winds....

Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Blackcloud and possum are the next blades of glory duo.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:

I've been told that a number of Specks and snows have made their way South on these North winds....

define 'South'......

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby charlie beard » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:27 pm

-40 to -50 wind chill factors here Sun. morning. :no:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:44 pm

charlie beard wrote:

-40 to -50 wind chill factors here Sun. morning. :no:

coldest temperatures in 20 years.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:

define 'South'......

here... they came here!!! :yes: :yes:

-15 windchill here.. not too bad..

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:49 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:

define 'South'......

South of me :yes:

Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 am

Still have over 25 acres of open water, in addition to the hole that the birds kept open in our rest pond. I can't wait for this arctic push of birds. It's going to be awesome. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 am

ByersFarm wrote:Still have over 25 acres of open water, in addition to the hole that the birds kept open in our rest pond. I can't wait for this arctic push of birds. It's going to be awesome. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Wish I could go to the indacamp, but I have a pup in surgery today and need to be around to nurse him back to health. No fun hunting the marsh without a dog IMO anyways.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby teamoutlaw » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:19 pm

what happen to him inda
teamoutlaw
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby steve-o » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:53 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Still have over 25 acres of open water, in addition to the hole that the birds kept open in our rest pond. I can't wait for this arctic push of birds. It's going to be awesome. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

only 25 acres? :lol3:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:40 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:

Only 1 acre open???? How many acres do you have in total?
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby possumfoot » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:42 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:

Only 1 acre open???? How many acres do you have in total?

28 flooded.

possumfoot
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:50 pm

steve-o wrote:

only 25 acres? :lol3:

Can't do very much damage with that can I?

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby steve-o » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:52 pm

it would be tough.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

steve-o wrote:it would be tough.

Thankfully I have more to work with. Otherwise it would be tough.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Next

Return to The Honey Hole