OU- Alabama

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

OU- Alabama

Postby gadwall_guy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:58 am

45-31. discuss
gadwall_guy
hunter

Re: OU- Alabama

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:00 am

BOOMER SOONER
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:07 am

Fans are spending money in town here so it's a good thing either way. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby GomerPyle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:20 am

We schitt the bed...........plain and simple. it's hard to win a football game without any pass rush, with virtually NO depth in the Secondary, with bad OL play or with poor play calling (in this case, on Offense). when you experience all 4 in the same game, winning is virtually impossible. I'm still confused why our OC insisted on throwing the ball (which plays right into OU's strength) when we'd been so productive running the ball all night - We're really missing Jim McElwain. Also, the Kouandjio brothers, particularly Cyrus, killed us last night....Cyrus was getting beat on nearly every play, which makes the passing game even tougher.

frustrating game. in fact, frustrating season as an Alabama fan. the Secondary or the OL problems were pretty apparent early in the season, but we managed to get by for most of the season.

Another thing that caused problems last night was the HUNH offense. Now, before you accuse me of just whining and crying b/c Alabama wasn't prepared to stop it (we weren't), hear me out....I've watched many games this year where one or both teams run this HUNH crap and the biggest problem with it is that it throws the ref's off as much as the opponent. things move so fast that officials often can't even get set and are not completely paying attention, and it's causing them to miss TONS of would-be penalties...motion on the O-Line or in the backfield before/during the snap, linemen down field on pass plays, too many people not on the line of scrimmage, etc etc etc....I'm not saying this cost Alabama the game, but any time an offense can get away with such glaring penalties and so often, it becomes really hard to stop them. I don't know what the answer is, but the NCAA has to do something to better prepare officials if they are going to allow the HUNH offense to continue on as-is.
Last edited by GomerPyle on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 am

Where was the officiating crew from?
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:23 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Where was the officiating crew from?

I believe I heard they were ACC, but don't hold me to that

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:23 am

GomerPyle wrote:We schitt the bed...........plain and simple. it's hard to win a football game with 4 turnovers, without any pass rush, with virtually NO depth in the Secondary, with bad OL play or with poor play calling (in this case, on Offense). when you experience all 4 in the same game, winning is virtually impossible. I'm still confused why our OC insisted on throwing the ball (which plays right into OU's strength) when we'd been so productive running the ball all night - We're really missing Jim McElwain. Also, the Kouandjio brothers, particularly Cyrus, killed us last night....Cyrus was getting beat on nearly every play, which makes the passing game even tougher.

frustrating game. in fact, frustrating season as an Alabama fan. the Secondary or the OL problems were pretty apparent early in the season, but we managed to get by for most of the season.

Another thing that caused problems last night was the HUNH offense. Now, before you accuse me of just whining and crying b/c Alabama wasn't prepared to stop it (we weren't), hear me out....I've watched many games this year where one or both teams run this HUNH crap and the biggest problem with it is that it throws the ref's off as much as the opponent. things move so fast that officials are missing TONS of would-be penalties...motion on the O-Line or in the backfield before/during the snap, linemen down field on pass plays, too many people not on the line of scrimmage, etc etc etc....I'm not saying this cost Alabama the game, but any time an offense can get away with such glaring penalties and so often, it becomes really hard to stop them. I don't know what the answer is, but the NCAA has to do something to better prepare officials if they are going to allow the HUNH offense to continue on as-is.

FIFY...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby GomerPyle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:26 am

Indaswamp wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:We schitt the bed...........plain and simple. it's hard to win a football game with 4 turnovers, without any pass rush, with virtually NO depth in the Secondary, with bad OL play or with poor play calling (in this case, on Offense). when you experience all 4 in the same game, winning is virtually impossible. I'm still confused why our OC insisted on throwing the ball (which plays right into OU's strength) when we'd been so productive running the ball all night - We're really missing Jim McElwain. Also, the Kouandjio brothers, particularly Cyrus, killed us last night....Cyrus was getting beat on nearly every play, which makes the passing game even tougher.

Another thing that caused problems last night was the HUNH offense. Now, before you accuse me of just whining and crying b/c Alabama wasn't prepared to stop it (we weren't), hear me out....I've watched many games this year where one or both teams run this HUNH crap and the biggest problem with it is that it throws the ref's off as much as the opponent. things move so fast that officials are missing TONS of would-be penalties...motion on the O-Line or in the backfield before/during the snap, linemen down field on pass plays, too many people not on the line of scrimmage, etc etc etc....I'm not saying this cost Alabama the game, but any time an offense can get away with such glaring penalties and so often, it becomes really hard to stop them. I don't know what the answer is, but the NCAA has to do something to better prepare officials if they are going to allow the HUNH offense to continue on as-is.

FIFY...

yeah, that too. What's sad is we actually put up pretty good numbers (over 500yds if I recall, and actually outgained OU), but just couldn't do much with it and gave the ball away when it counted

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:27 am

GomerPyle wrote:

Acc crew should be up to the challenge of HUNH. If it was a Big 10 crew I could see how they would be way behind.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:

Acc crew should be up to the challenge of HUNH. If it was a Big 10 crew I could see how they would be way behind.

confirmed, it was an ACC crew...Brad Allen's, to be specific

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:30 am

GomerPyle wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

FIFY...

yeah, that too. What's sad is we actually put up pretty good numbers (over 500yds if I recall, and actually outgained OU), but just couldn't do much with it and gave the ball away when it counted

28 OU points on turnovers......

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:30 am

GomerPyle wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:

confirmed, it was an ACC crew...Brad Allen's, to be specific

He's supposed to be a good ref.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:32 am

Indaswamp wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:yeah, that too. What's sad is we actually put up pretty good numbers (over 500yds if I recall, and actually outgained OU), but just couldn't do much with it and gave the ball away when it counted

28 OU points on turnovers......

there ya go....pre-game, we were a 14-pt favorite...so take away those 28 points and there's your 14-pt Bama win. /sigh

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:34 am

Kenny Mayne had the one-liner of the year on the late sportscenter.
"The real question now is, what does this loss do to Alabama's National Championship hopes"

As much as it pains me to root for OU I"m just glad to see Little Nicky take a few lumps
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Postby dwr353 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:51 am

You could tell it was not SEC officials. They actually called AL for holding. :beer:
dwr353
hunter

Postby River Ramblin' Man » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:01 pm

BOOMER!

But seriously, Henry absolutely gutted our defense all night. I'm not sure what he finished with, but at one point was averaging 14 yards per carry. I cringed every time he touched the ball. But whoever was calling the plays came to our rescue by continually passing the ball and handing it to Yeldon. They slaughtered us with the screen game, then abandoned it. The Sooners wanted it worse in the first half. They scored every time they touched the ball in the first half, besides an interception early in the first. All in all it was a great game between two of the most legendary programs in college football.

Now I just need the pistols firing tonight against Mizzou, and some tomohawk chop on Auburn.
sampsonhuntin wrote:Are you now on his knob like you were WTN10's before he internet choke slammed you?
River Ramblin' Man
hunter

Postby gadwall_guy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Trevor Knight will be the best QB OU has had since Bradford.

Discuss
gadwall_guy
hunter

Postby LongTom » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Out coached and out played. A good team causes turnovers.
LongTom
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:24 pm

GomerPyle wrote:We schitt the bed...........plain and simple. it's hard to win a football game without any pass rush, with virtually NO depth in the Secondary, with bad OL play or with poor play calling (in this case, on Offense). when you experience all 4 in the same game, winning is virtually impossible. I'm still confused why our OC insisted on throwing the ball (which plays right into OU's strength) when we'd been so productive running the ball all night - We're really missing Jim McElwain. Also, the Kouandjio brothers, particularly Cyrus, killed us last night....Cyrus was getting beat on nearly every play, which makes the passing game even tougher.

Another thing that caused problems last night was the HUNH offense. Now, before you accuse me of just whining and crying b/c Alabama wasn't prepared to stop it (we weren't), hear me out....I've watched many games this year where one or both teams run this HUNH crap and the biggest problem with it is that it throws the ref's off as much as the opponent. things move so fast that officials often can't even get set and are not completely paying attention, and it's causing them to miss TONS of would-be penalties...motion on the O-Line or in the backfield before/during the snap, linemen down field on pass plays, too many people not on the line of scrimmage, etc etc etc....I'm not saying this cost Alabama the game, but any time an offense can get away with such glaring penalties and so often, it becomes really hard to stop them. I don't know what the answer is, but the NCAA has to do something to better prepare officials if they are going to allow the HUNH offense to continue on as-is.

This is a lot of words just to say "Bama got theirass kicked".
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 pm

:lol3: :lol3:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:36 pm

assateague wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:We schitt the bed...........plain and simple. it's hard to win a football game without any pass rush, with virtually NO depth in the Secondary, with bad OL play or with poor play calling (in this case, on Offense). when you experience all 4 in the same game, winning is virtually impossible. I'm still confused why our OC insisted on throwing the ball (which plays right into OU's strength) when we'd been so productive running the ball all night - We're really missing Jim McElwain. Also, the Kouandjio brothers, particularly Cyrus, killed us last night....Cyrus was getting beat on nearly every play, which makes the passing game even tougher.

Lot of whining. It's just a football game. Baylor got romped too. You don't hear me making a single excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Bill Herian » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 am

Funny how the guys on here who seemingly earn a living gloryholeing the SEC haven't much to say.

I feel bad for Bama, when college football goes to playoff, they might never get another chance.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:44 am

Crazy Matt wrote:
assateague wrote:

Lot of whining. It's just a football game. Baylor got romped too. You don't hear me making a single excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No excuse here for OSU either. Just flat got beat.

Sammy Watkins for Clemson is a stud though.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby LongTom » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 am

Bill Herian wrote:Funny how the guys on here who seemingly earn a living gloryholeing the SEC haven't much to say.

I feel bad for Bama, when college football goes to playoff, they might never get another chance.

AMEN!!
LongTom
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:25 am

Bob Stoops said it best about the SEC
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Next

Return to The Honey Hole