This past Sat.

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

This past Sat.

Postby macdaddy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:14 am

This last Saturday of late goose had to be one of the best days of waterfowling that I've had in some time. Set up the decoys, finished around 6:55. Went about 1/4mi. down Rt. 388, up Rt. 422 E, had a big breakfast. Came back; as I was putting on the warm jacket & socks I heard honking behind my buddy's house ( a ways back - just far enough to get you excited). Got into my "blind" - basically, a small tree & some 3ft tall brush & weeds. Gave a couple of clucks to let the geese know I'm there.
8:30 - I heard clucks. Loud, getting louder. Here come a pair; they see the dekes. I gave them first the "duh, duh, duh" feeding calls. They're sort of interested. When they flew out to about 100yds I started the comebacks. Boy, was I pleading w/ that pair! That comeback got 'em; some more feeding chuckle put them right in. A blast of steel no.2 put one down. Then - my gun jammed (o.k., I probably short - shucked); the other got away :eek: . A slapper load finished off the one on the ground.
As I walked back to my blind, I heard distant clucks. More! Got some more shells, started the feeding chuckle/ comeback routine. They committed. Another blast, another bird. Cleanly missed another :oops: . But, w/ that much success this late in the season, I could not have been happier. Two in the freezer, more if I can make it out Tuesday afternoon - or, more likely, next September. :thumbsup:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:47 pm

WTG :thumbsup:

Nice to see, you didn't have to blow that call alot.
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting