Duck Hunting Forum banner

Geese

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  swampchicken 
#1 ·
Anyone having any luck shooting geese. Black or white???

#2 ·
i've not been able to get out... may try one day here in a week or so. i will say that i had family drive down from Des Moines earlier this week and they commented how there were geese 'everywhere' along the des moines river from lake Red Rock down to Ottumwa which always holds alot of late season canada's. and also, driving down hwy 61 they saw plenty. plus on my way back from Eagle Bluffs last Sunday i saw geese feeding along the I-70 corridor nearly the entire drive back towards STL. hopefully someone is getting on them, i'd think it'd be good now.

#3 ·
I went on new years day. 6, we killed 12. I limited. Hunting cut corn, I showed up and popped up my blind. the other guys had the decoys and their blinds already set and they should have been farther out in the field the geese kept finishing on the right side. (farthest from trees) we all should have limited out. But overall a great hunt. we did manage do level a group of 6, and had over 150 birds over us at one time with birds in the decoys.

#6 ·
2500hdon37s said:
I went on new years day. 6, we killed 12. I limited. Hunting cut corn, I showed up and popped up my blind. the other guys had the decoys and their blinds already set and they should have been farther out in the field the kept finishing on the right side. (farthest from trees) we all should have limited out. But overall a great hunt. we did manage do level a group of 6, and had over 150 birds over us at one time with birds in the decoys.

Sweet! Our canada hunts are few and far between, might have an opportunity with this front coming down tomorrow.
We did get in a great snow goose hunt yesterday. Birds worked us good, had groups in excess of 300 working the spread.
Four of us ended up with 37 white ones and 5 speckled.

#8 ·
We've been doing pretty good up near Platte city on a buddies private lake. We go out the night before and bust ice, when we get there in the morning we usually have a few honkers in there sleeping. After that we cant keep the geese out of the hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.