Duck Hunting in Grand Isle, LA

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Duck Hunting in Grand Isle, LA

Postby softball_guy12 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:59 am

my dad and I have a fishing camp in Leeville, LA where we have always just fished. I have considered duck hunting somewhere down in the leeville, and the grand isle area. Does anyone know the rules of hunting out on an island? How do I find out if I can hunt it and find out whats public and what not? How would I find out these type of things and who would I need to contact? Please comment and help me out. I've always duck hunted in Mississippi and am considering trying to hunt down in Grand Isle this year. Please comment.
softball_guy12
Newb

Re: Duck Hunting in Grand Isle, LA

Postby Toledo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:28 am

Link found on the page below will show you what the state claims as public. Be aware though that if you are close to somebodys high dollar lease you could end up with conflict even if you are in the right. I would print out maps showing where you will be hunting and the states claim and have them with you when you go.

We do a lot of hunting in areas like what you are talking about and do very well because nobody messes with them.

http://doa.louisiana.gov/SLO/Disclaimer.htm
Toledo
hunter

Re: Duck Hunting in Grand Isle, LA

Postby softball_guy12 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks man I appreciate it!!
softball_guy12
Newb

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting