Duck Hunting Forum banner

big sean?

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  11-87 Va 
#1 ·
ive been running zink calls for a while and have been pretty happy with them I mostly run the nos, but I want to try something different Ive been looking at big sean calls, I want to try the mr big 2, have any of you had any experience with them?

#2 ·
Yes. Big Sean makes some great calls. They really surprised me when I ran them...especially the Mr. Big 2. Great running call this isn't terribly light. It has great buzz for buzz honk/clucks, spits, quick spits, trains, murmurs...you name it. It isn't fast at all but is a great "nasty" call. You will like it :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Its a nice call, is it worth the price, maybe.

I have a mr big, a mr bigII and a kahuna. Mr BigII comes with guts that are much more broke in that the Mr. Big and the reed has a heavier shave to it. His guts are basically old cluckers(or so that's what he told me). I like his calls but even more so I like his guts.

For the money I would try out his Mr. Big first, if your rich then shoot for the Mr. BigII

#4 ·
koonce727 said:
Its a nice call, is it worth the price, maybe.

I have a mr big, a mr bigII and a kahuna. Mr BigII comes with guts that are much more broke in that the Mr. Big and the reed has a heavier shave to it. His guts are basically old cluckers(or so that's what he told me). I like his calls but even more so I like his guts.

For the money I would try out his Mr. Big first, if your rich then shoot for the Mr. BigII
What do you think of your Kahuna? I have one on the way and was just wondering what you thought?

#5 ·
If your new to calling its a great call for learning. I'm far from a great caller but it was just to much for my calling style. I Prefer his mr big over the kahuna. Don't get me wrong it's a nice call. Couple guys I hunt with run them I just prefer a shorter insert.

#7 ·
11-87 Va said:
I understand. This is my first year of water fowling and a user friendly call is not necessarily a bad thing for me.
You won't be disappointed with either the Kahuna or Mr. Big. I have both calls and would suggest the Kahuna if this is your first year, more built in back pressure with the longer insert and Sean sends them with a shaved read, my Kahuna definitely stays on the lanyard!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I actually got a Big Kahuna yesterday. Very nice call. The color of the call looks much better in hand than it does on the site. I got the one in cranberry swirl. The call has a pretty good range as well, even with someone with my limited ability. I takes very little air to run this call. I wish that I would have gotten this call earlier.

#11 ·
The Big Mamma, single or double, are very good calls...

The Big Mamma II is a fantastic call. Damn near blows like a single reed, as a matter of fact, I refused to believe it was a double 'till I looked down the barrel! And this from a guy that has not used a double reed in 15 years. He offers a return if you are not satisfied. It is, for sure, worth it. You don't like it... send it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.