Anyone Target Snow Geese?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Anyone Target Snow Geese?

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey all,

I normally frequent the NJ area on this site, as I'm from NJ. I go to school at Tech, currently there getting my M.S. in Wildlife & Fisheries Science.

I was wondering if anyone out there actually targets snows in the winter & during the CO that would want to get out on some hunts after duck season goes out. I unfortunately can't bring my rig out because I have no where to keep it. I'm not looking to weasel my way into any of y'all's land or step on toes & cause trouble but I'd love to chase some snows while I'm down there. I'm an ethical hunter, always legal, etc.. I'm not really a fan of being piggy & getting a firing squad together jump shooting them, I like em feet down over a rig, the right way. I'm no stranger to being up at 12:30am..1am for days on end setting up big rigs for them, hunting all day & doing it all over again the next. Heck, I'd be more than happy to do a trade-a-hunt or something for some Arkyland snows & specks if you ever end up on the east coast..If any of you guys hunt target Canadas too, I love calling them for guys. I'm sure a bunch of you guys don't have black ducks or brant on your walls. :biggrin:

Anyway, I'd really appreciate gettin together with some good people & stack some snow geese this spring. Or specks or cans. Haha

Ryan
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Re: Anyone Target Snow Geese?

Postby - Andy - » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:26 am

We hunted geese on Thursday. Killed 46 snows/ross geese and 9 specks. Ducks just weren't there and the weather was about perfect with a 20kt wind for em.

Most folks don't mess with em. I talked to a couple of the guys and they will hunt once or twice during the conservation order season, usually round up a bunch of youngin's and let em blast away.

It seems like the going rate around where we hunted was $100 per day to hunt a field (flat rate, not per hunter), that was what our guide was telling us anyway. And that was during the spring season. During duck season you might have a more difficult time finding something.
Tell your wife you love her, wrestle in the yard with your kids, shake your best friend's hand, let your dog sleep on the bed, and thank God for all the blessings in your life.
- Andy -
hunter

Re: Anyone Target Snow Geese?

Postby SFAjacks12 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:46 pm

$100 a day the websites i've seen were more than that. I love to goose hunt if anyone wants to get a group together I'd love to do a conservation season trip. I hunt legal, have military experience (not being a tool just saying gun safety) my degree is in forestry wildlife management so i'm not completely retarded when it comes to hunting or ethics.
SFAjacks12
hunter

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting