Mallards

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000

Re: Mallards

Postby 3200 man » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:25 am

for my needs , a vertical barrel cooker/smoker allows me to cook a lot or just a few and control the heat better , because
of its height . If you're feeding a crowd 2 barrels will keep you busy ....and.....drinking Beer ! :thumbsup: :lol3: :lol3:
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am


Re: Mallards

Postby slowshooter » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:07 am

Hmm. Beeeeeeer....
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Mallards

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Silverwidgeon wrote:Shouldn't you be a strictly spoony purist then to conserve habitat for other waterfowl (mallards included)???
idk I figure all waterfowl are gonna have it tough. Don't know why you are trippin on the green lol. They've got pretty solid long term numbers last i checked. What about Pintail, Canvasback and the like?


:lol3: My uncle and I are pretty unbiased when it comes to ducks so we shoot quite a few spoons. After a few cold ones we started joking that DU should come up with a new slogan. You know, like the "you need ducks, ducks need you" line they've had for years. I was thinking "Shoot spoonies now, so your grandkids can shoot mallards later." :lol3:
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Mallards

Postby 3200 man » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:49 am

Where I hunted this year I prayed that a Spoonie would fly by ...... :lol3: :lol3:

Those most undesirable birds became a real treat , to me and my dog , even though my dog would look at me and in her
eyes , I could see ( do you really want me to do this again ) look ! :lol3: :lol3:

Saving Mallards for me , is very kind of you ....thanks !
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Mallards

Postby Beretta06 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:24 pm

3200 man wrote:Where I hunted this year I prayed that a Spoonie would fly by ...... :lol3: :lol3:

Those most undesirable birds became a real treat , to me and my dog , even though my dog would look at me and in her
eyes , I could see ( do you really want me to do this again ) look ! :lol3: :lol3:

Saving Mallards for me , is very kind of you ....thanks !


Lol! I know the season in banos was less than great but I still only took a few spoonies and that was at the request of my daughter because they are her favorite duck!

Good luck tomorrow on the late goose opener.


Dwight
Beretta06
hunter
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby Privileged hunter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 pm

With only half of the rice going to be grown, where will the broods be raised this spring and summer ? The predators are going to have a field day this year due to the lack of water. Mallard hens will be concentrated near grasses near any type of water witch = high predator rates. Rivers are low, pond are dry, south of Modesto is dry as a bone and will receive zero water. Private and public hunting grounds are drying up by the day. You can forget about private and public brood ponds this year. I see a 3 or 4 bird limit for mallards next yr. so I hope you had fun this yr. told you guys back in jan. drought = no ducks lay off the mallards.
Privileged hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby Privileged hunter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:34 pm

O ya you can forget about tule lake or lower klamath doing anything for mallards. They have even bigger problems.
Privileged hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:13 am

I swear California has the most spoiled brat hunters in the country. Most states don't even have a full mallard limit. To go even further most states don't have a 7 bird limit. The main reason for the 7 mallard limit is CWA and company proved that most mallards shot in California were born and raised in California.

While I don't agree with privileged to completly lay-off the mallards I think the liberal limits have loooong been overdue for change. If any of you do any research the local population of birds have dropped significantly. We are also losing grip of our migrating population of ducks. Geese are the only waterfowl on the increase and I see limits still going on the rise for them.

I'm leaving California this year...got orders which is good. I'm not sure if you'll see a drop in limits but I think it's more than justified. The good thing is migrating duck numbers are still relatively strong. But mallards should probably drop in alignment with other states shooting mostly migrating mallards.
Last edited by jmonte35 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby 3200 man » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 pm

With the scientific reports from All agencies of California Waterfowl habitat supporting this seasons limits ,
they were right-on target ! We didn't even come close the harvest numbers do to the weather ! but , this could
change in a short-time as well.....there is always hope.....and , if our bird keepers don't do something for future
droughts at Tule Lake , Lower Klamath , we will have more die-off in Waterfowl than ones being (shot) hunted ?

What a Shame for this Natural Resource in the state of California......I can't believe it is a after-thought ?
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Mallards

Postby Mugzwump » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:13 pm

The last few years there have been literally thousands of greenheads overwintering up here in southern Qc. Canada. They don't always... but I know a few spots near me where they're hanging out in droves. maybe they're taking cues from resident geese. I'm pretty sure mallard populations are at a 30 year high overall... but... dont shoot em.. more for me.

Mugz.
Mugzwump
hunter
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:31 pm

3200 man wrote:With the scientific reports from All agencies of California Waterfowl habitat supporting this seasons limits ,
they were right-on target ! We didn't even come close the harvest numbers do to the weather ! but , this could
change in a short-time as well.....there is always hope.....and , if our bird keepers don't do something for future
droughts at Tule Lake , Lower Klamath , we will have more die-off in Waterfowl than ones being (shot) hunted ?

What a Shame for this Natural Resource in the state of California......I can't believe it is a after-thought ?


While I agree to some extent there are parts I don't. There are few issues with our migrating waterfowl. Those numbers remain strong. It's our local population that is on the decline which is the sole reason California has the limits we've enjoyed. We are seeing less migratory ducks as well but that is because of weather habitat and ducks figuring out its easier to stay put than fly.

I think a 6 bag consisting of 5 mallards is still more than liberal and aligns with most other flyways and states.

This is a different story but the science doesn't always add up. Last year going from 3 scaup to 7 was the single dumbest thing I've seen our councils do in a very long time. Going to 4 and seeing where we are at would have been far better. Scaup took a beating last year....more guys hunted em and and huge numbers were killed. They still had an ok year but going to 4 would have been sustainable rather than giving us one year of fun I'd rather have multiple years of better bags.

People will still be happy with 6 bird bag. They can say they limited out still and still puff their chests out. One thing I am happy with is 2 pintail in the bag. They've done a great job ensuring that population is thriving and since pintails are primarily migratory with few local ducks I see them continuing to do well.
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Mugzwump wrote:The last few years there have been literally thousands of greenheads overwintering up here in southern Qc. Canada. They don't always... but I know a few spots near me where they're hanging out in droves. maybe they're taking cues from resident geese. I'm pretty sure mallard populations are at a 30 year high overall... but... dont shoot em.. more for me.

Mugz.


Who said anything about Canada? Aren't we in the California forum??? I do drink from time to time. I don't think anyone would argue mallard numbers are strong as a population but what you fail to realize is that science has been proven that the vast majority of mallards shot in California were born in California. We do not have a strong mallard migration in California like most think.
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:11 pm

After I replied I decided to thumb through this thread and its astonishing how many hunters really don't give a crap about anything other than themselves. Instead of thinking about ways to improve things both for ducks and hunters they comment on housing developments and lack of habitat. If you know there is a lack of habitat to support ducks yet you say there's nothing to support lowering limits. Seems mighty contradictory.

I believe if the Feds said the limits were 10000 people would sit all day to try and attain a limit to pound their chest with no regard for anything. You'll say hey I donated to CWA and DU I care. But really do you care?? I don't see it.

I don't agree with not shooting any as privelidged hunter had said but 7 per person per day. I don't see it.

I know we don't discuss deer much here but the Midwest and eastern states are being throttled by guys who just want to kill everything in sight. They use the excuse of "if they issue me a tag then the herd can obviously sustain it". It's simply not true. Hunters sometimes have to use self control.

HOW MANY OF YOU WHINE DAILY ABOUT HOW THE GOV'T IS F'D UP??? Yet you are ok with them setting your hunting regulations?

Greed and selfishness is going to one day condemn this sport. Now that hunting is big money people are getting the "science" they want. But yup lets blindly trust the people that we condemn daily.

One look at duck counts in every major refuge for the last 5-10 years should paint an interesting story for you all. I suggest you look. Remember when limits were 4? I still had some of the best hunts of my life.
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:33 pm

jmonte35 wrote: ......One look at duck counts in every major refuge for the last 5-10 years should paint an interesting story for you all. I suggest you look.......

Are you talking harvest numbers? Because the hatch numbers have looked pretty darn good.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Mallards

Postby Mugzwump » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:48 pm

jmonte35 wrote:
Mugzwump wrote:The last few years there have been literally thousands of greenheads overwintering up here in southern Qc. Canada. They don't always... but I know a few spots near me where they're hanging out in droves. maybe they're taking cues from resident geese. I'm pretty sure mallard populations are at a 30 year high overall... but... dont shoot em.. more for me.


Mugz.


Who said anything about Canada? Aren't we in the California forum??? I do drink from time to time. I don't think anyone would argue mallard numbers are strong as a population but what you fail to realize is that science has been proven that the vast majority of mallards shot in California were born in California. We do not have a strong mallard migration in California like most think.


My point was its possible that more ducks are not making the trip as they may have in years past. Weather can affect the migration just as loss of habitat does. Just my 2 cents. Not saying QC ducks fly to Cali... lol. Just an observation of whats been happening here. I'm seeing more mallards than ever.

Mugz.
Mugzwump
hunter
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:19 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
jmonte35 wrote: ......One look at duck counts in every major refuge for the last 5-10 years should paint an interesting story for you all. I suggest you look.......

Are you talking harvest numbers? Because the hatch numbers have looked pretty darn good.


Would like to see where you're getting your info because all data I've looked at and talking with biologists it paints a different story. To answer your question no not harvest. Bird population estimates. They are readily available going back several years.

The only good part is there are people like Paul Bondedson with thousands of acres of private land that is gorgeous brooding habitat. Some area will do ok but California as a whole is seeing a decline. There were some localized great hatches about 3 years ago but still below average as a whole for California.
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:04 pm

jmonte35 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
jmonte35 wrote: ......One look at duck counts in every major refuge for the last 5-10 years should paint an interesting story for you all. I suggest you look.......

Are you talking harvest numbers? Because the hatch numbers have looked pretty darn good.


Would like to see where you're getting your info because all data I've looked at and talking with biologists it paints a different story. To answer your question no not harvest. Bird population estimates. They are readily available going back several years.

The only good part is there are people like Paul Bondedson with thousands of acres of private land that is gorgeous brooding habitat. Some area will do ok but California as a whole is seeing a decline. There were some localized great hatches about 3 years ago but still below average as a whole for California.


I'm talking overall pacific flyway numbers. I don't think we have a problem with the overall number of duck but we do have a problem with the number of ducks that are making it "down here". California hasn't been the greatest but overall the flyway has had respectable numbers. If the ducks don't make it down, you aren't going to get good numbers, harvest or hatch.  If the ducks don't show up in the grasslands we aren't going to show a good hatch. The grasslands haven't changed, and I know we didn't kill all the ducks. They just haven't been making it down. I'm no biologist, that's just how the cards look like they're falling from here.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Mallards

Postby ShootThemInTheEye » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm

I think once this thread got done Mocking the OP some really good points have been made.

Yes there are plenty of mallard on the Pacific flyway.
.
Yes a good number of northern birds are not making it this far south and wintering north or east of us.

Yes we are hammering our local mallards with a 7 bird limit killing off our breeding stock with limits based mostly on flyway numbers not California mallard numbers.

Anyone that has spent any time in the field should see the decline in OUR mallard over the last decade.

Basing California mallard limits on flyway numbers is like basing a California deer harvest on how many deer are in New York state. It really doesn't matter how many deer are in other parts of the country the only thing that matters are the ones we are hunting here.

And yes if we keep killing off our breeding stock no amount of rain in the world will help.

Just My Opinion
ShootThemInTheEye
hunter
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:44 pm

ShootThemInTheEye wrote: ......Basing California mallard limits on flyway numbers is like basing a California deer harvest on how many deer are in New York state. It really doesn't matter how many deer are in other parts of the country the only thing that matters are the ones we are hunting here........


Apple's and oranges. Our deer herd doesn't migrate between Canada and Mexico. Get into the deer herds migration route and then it becomes an equal playing feild. Now if I was hunting deer at a lower elevation like Twain Hart, its been really warm/dry and I'm not seeing anything, that doesn't mean that there are no deer up at Eagle Meadows. A good snowy storm could change the ball game in a matter of days or they may only move down as low as Long Barn.
Last edited by clampdaddy on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Mallards

Postby ShootThemInTheEye » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
ShootThemInTheEye wrote: ......Basing California mallard limits on flyway numbers is like basing a California deer harvest on how many deer are in New York state. It really doesn't matter how many deer are in other parts of the country the only thing that matters are the ones we are hunting here........


Apple's and oranges. Our deer herd doesn't migrate between Canada and Mexico. Get into the deer herds migration route and then it becomes an equal playing feild. Now if I was hunting deer at a lower elevation like Twain Hart, its been really warm/dry and I'm not seeing anything, that doesn't mean that there are no deer up at Eagle Meadows. A good snowy storm could change the ball game in a matter of days.



It's not apples and oranges at all. My point is that the mallard they are counting to set California's mallard limits are NOT migrating just like deer from New York don't migrate to California.

At the very least we should have very low early season mallard limits to protect our obviously low local population.
ShootThemInTheEye
hunter
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
ShootThemInTheEye wrote: ......Basing California mallard limits on flyway numbers is like basing a California deer harvest on how many deer are in New York state. It really doesn't matter how many deer are in other parts of the country the only thing that matters are the ones we are hunting here........


Apple's and oranges. Our deer herd doesn't migrate between Canada and Mexico. Get into the deer herds migration route and then it becomes an equal playing feild. Now if I was hunting deer at a lower elevation like Twain Hart, its been really warm/dry and I'm not seeing anything, that doesn't mean that there are no deer up at Eagle Meadows. A good snowy storm could change the ball game in a matter of days.


Why do you insist to not understand. We are talking mallard numbers! I agree that migratory bird numbers are doing fairly well but in California we have a real problem. I will repeat one more time to see if it gets through. The overwhelming majority of mallards shot in California were hatched in California. This is why CWA lobbied so hard to get the mallard limit to 7! Now mallard numbers are down significantly. Can they rebound? Yes but I don't think the limit needs to be so liberal.

The limit of total ducks being 7 I think is high when comparing other flyways and states. But it is what it is and I'm sure it will continue because of our hunters greed.

Like I said all a limit means is someone to pound their chest. None of you would notice any difference between a fun hunt if the limit were 5 or 6 compared to 7. The only thing that would be different is you're home earlier to the kids and have more cash in your wallet from not burning up as many shells. But hey what do I know lets blindly trust the most corrupt govt of our time in determining our hunting numbers.

Everyone here screams out lets listen to biologists and the DFG. Really! Not me. You are the one who is in the field daily and actually knows what is happening. I'd rather poll a bunch of hunters than trust our govt.

If you honestly believe there's no issue in California there is something wrong with your thinking. Everyone brings up the 70's during the drought. Anyone remember what duck limits were?
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:34 pm

ShootThemInTheEye wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
ShootThemInTheEye wrote: ......Basing California mallard limits on flyway numbers is like basing a California deer harvest on how many deer are in New York state. It really doesn't matter how many deer are in other parts of the country the only thing that matters are the ones we are hunting here........


Apple's and oranges. Our deer herd doesn't migrate between Canada and Mexico. Get into the deer herds migration route and then it becomes an equal playing feild. Now if I was hunting deer at a lower elevation like Twain Hart, its been really warm/dry and I'm not seeing anything, that doesn't mean that there are no deer up at Eagle Meadows. A good snowy storm could change the ball game in a matter of days.



It's not apples and oranges at all. My point is that the mallard they are counting to set California's mallard limits are NOT migrating just like deer from New York don't migrate to California.

At the very least we should have very low early season mallard limits to protect our obviously low local population.

And you can't set the deer tag numbers by the amount of deer you see at the bottom of their migration route. You have to use the whole thing and take into account other variables like the current migration (or lack thereof) trends. I'm not saying one way or the other if we should raise or lower the limit on mallards. That is a job for biologist. I'm just saying that just because I'm not seeing many birds down here it doesn't mean that there are no birds, and its not time to start freaking out over the number of mallards someone shoots. Hell, our blind is lucky to kill two mallards, any year, but we get an amazing number of canvasbacks. I'm not going to come here and call to cut the mallard limit to two and raise the limit on cans to seven.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:45 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
ShootThemInTheEye wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
ShootThemInTheEye wrote: ......Basing California mallard limits on flyway numbers is like basing a California deer harvest on how many deer are in New York state. It really doesn't matter how many deer are in other parts of the country the only thing that matters are the ones we are hunting here........


Apple's and oranges. Our deer herd doesn't migrate between Canada and Mexico. Get into the deer herds migration route and then it becomes an equal playing feild. Now if I was hunting deer at a lower elevation like Twain Hart, its been really warm/dry and I'm not seeing anything, that doesn't mean that there are no deer up at Eagle Meadows. A good snowy storm could change the ball game in a matter of days.



It's not apples and oranges at all. My point is that the mallard they are counting to set California's mallard limits are NOT migrating just like deer from New York don't migrate to California.

At the very least we should have very low early season mallard limits to protect our obviously low local population.

And you can't set the deer tag numbers by the amount of deer you see at the bottom of their migration route. You have to use the whole thing and take into account other variables like the current migration (or lack thereof) trends. I'm not saying one way or the other if we should raise or lower the limit on mallards. That is a job for biologist. I'm just saying that just because I'm not seeing many birds down here it doesn't mean that there are no birds, and its not time to start freaking out over the number of mallards someone shoots. Hell, our blind is lucky to kill two mallards, any year, but we get an amazing number of canvasbacks. I'm not going to come here and call to cut the mallard limit to two and raise the limit on cans to seven.


Nevermind....shoot em all up. Kill the whole local population and depend on migratory mallards. That's a great solution. Lets put our blindfolds on to everything that is happening and just think about that 7 bird mallard limit and forget about conservation. I seem to remember a time when limits were 4 and people were happy. Now we're at 7 yippee do da. You can pound your chest just as hard with a limit of 5 as you can with 7 and just maybe your kids can enjoy the kind of hunting that "old timers" enjoyed.

I'm just wondering who will be blamed next cuz hunters sure have a hard time looking in the mirror now a day.
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby jmonte35 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:55 pm

Look at Louisiana and Arkansas. Pretty much the best known mallard havens. Limits-6 ducks only 4 mallards. Oh and by the way....at the end of the migratory path. Interesting. When was the last time you heard someone complain about mallards in those places?
Take a kid hunting,
Jimmy
Suisun Marsh D.U. Chapter Chairman
2013 3rd annual Military Appreciation Dinner Date TBD
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SuisunMarshDU
www.suisunmarshdu.com (website down until we have next years date and info nailed down)
jmonte35
hunter
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: Mallards

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01 pm

jmonte35 wrote:
Nevermind....shoot em all up. Kill the whole local population and depend on migratory mallards. That's a great solution......
You don't have to worry about me. My blind would be lucky to kill seven mallards in an entire season. We shot 174 spoonies though. Is that to many for you?
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

PreviousNext

Return to California Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34 grains of Herco, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests