Word of the Day, January 6, 2014, Proverbs 9:1

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, January 6, 2014, Proverbs 9:1

Postby timf » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:57 am

Word of the Day, January 06 , 2014

“ Be Thou my Vision , O Lord of my heart. Naught be all else to me. Save that Thou art. Thou my best thought. By day or by night, Waking or sleeping. Thy presence my light ”

Proverbs 9:1

1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

The Bible is filled with wisdom, examples of Godly wisdom and earthly wisdom. It shows us that wisdom is what we should acquire from above.

Wisdom: knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life: knowledge of what is proper or reasonable, good sense or judgment.

There is much written about the seven pillars of wisdom from this verse. What are the seven pillars of wisdom? People believe this is about the church, the seven different theories of the book of Proverbs, the temple that Solomon built and even reaching into the book of Revelations To understand the seven pillars of wisdom, we need to go back a chapter to 8:12-14:

12 I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

The first pillar of wisdom is Prudence. To be wise, we must have prudence. Another word might be common sense.

The second pillar of wisdom is Knowledge of Witty Inventions. The knowledge of spiritual discernment comes to mind here. We need to know what is going on around us, plan for our future and avoid evil or danger.

The third pillar is Fear of the LORD. We need to be grounded in God’s wisdom and not the wisdom of the earth. Reverence of the LORD, serving and worshipping Him. We are to walk away from hate, evil, pride and arrogancy and to hate a froward mouth.

The fourth pillar of wisdom is Counsel. To give and receive good advice, We need to reach to God for wise counsel, not man’s foolishness advice. Solomon tells us to listen to advice, “ hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.”

The fifth pillar of wisdom is Sound Wisdom. Forethought and practical wisdom, day to day smarts. Solomon states in 1:3, “ To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice and judgment and equity.” To receive sound wisdom, we need to be in the word daily studying the examples of God’s wisdom.

The sixth pillar of wisdom is Understanding. We need to know where the wisdom comes from. From man or from God. Our source of wisdom on earth as I have said many times before, the word of God.

The seventh pillar of wisdom is Strength. Solid and strong wisdom is what we need. We have power and strength in the wisdom of the LORD. With CHRIST as our source of wisdom, we can truly live a life as a servant for the kingdom.

I will finish with this verse from Ecclesiastes 7:19, “ Wisdom strenghteneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city.” The seven pillars of wisdom will support, secure and keep us from troubles and dangers and help us walk the life as Christ shows us to follow through His words. Get into His word today and gain His sound wisdom.

“ Immortal invisible God only wise, in light inaccessible. Hid from our eyes, most blessed most glorious. The Ancient of Days. Almighty victorious. Thy great name we praise.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality