ATTN Veterans: Do you know about this?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, #1wingnut, lostpup

ATTN Veterans: Do you know about this?

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:41 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: ATTN Veterans: Do you know about this?

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 pm

I did not. My sister works at the VA I will find out more info and post up what she says.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:48 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I did not. My sister works at the VA I will find out more info and post up what she says.

thanks A5...keep us posted.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I did not. My sister works at the VA I will find out more info and post up what she says.

thanks A5...keep us posted.

10-4
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:33 pm

It's pretty obvious. Veterans are coming home and claiming disability for their mental condition as a result of PTSD or a similar diagnosis. The Fed's are saying "You are claiming that you are not mentally fit to hold a job, but you don't want that to get in your way of possessing a firearm."
So now everyone will get their panties in a bunch that our "veterans" are being stripped of their 2nd Amendment rights. If the guy is so mentally disabled he can't count change or work on a landscaping crew, and therefore needs the govt. to support him, I don't want him in my neighborhood with a gun either.
I can hear the outrage now. It's amusing, and so glaringly hypocritical that I ......never mind. I'm not surprised in the least.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving him all the help we can, but he's either currently mentally competent or he's not.
To cut one other argument off at the knees, no person, or board, is determining this person to be disabled other than himself when he applies for these benefits.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:38 pm

I agree with GJ. ****, that hurt to say.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby La. Hunter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:42 pm

assateague wrote:I agree with GJ. ****, that hurt to say.

X2
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby charlie beard » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:It's pretty obvious. Veterans are coming home and claiming disability for their mental condition as a result of PTSD or a similar diagnosis. The Fed's are saying "You are claiming that you are not mentally fit to hold a job, but you don't want that to get in your way of possessing a firearm."
So now everyone will get their panties in a bunch that our "veterans" are being stripped of their 2nd Amendment rights. If the guy is so mentally disabled he can't count change or work on a landscaping crew, and therefore needs the govt. to support him, I don't want him in my neighborhood with a gun either.
I can hear the outrage now. It's amusing, and so glaringly hypocritical that I ......never mind. I'm not surprised in the least.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving him all the help we can, but he's either currently mentally competent or he's not.
To cut one other argument off at the knees, no person, or board, is determining this person to be disabled other than himself when he applies for these benefits.

Well said my friend.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:16 pm

:lol3:..................and the colored girls go doo, doo doo, doo, doo, doo doo. doo.....

(from Take a Walk on the Wild Side) :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Duck_Happy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:39 am

I get benefits for the multiple tours had no say in what that retarded drop out shrink had to say. I still work dont see why anyone under 60 wouldn't want to, being on a set income would suck. I still own guns and wouldn't give them up. The va is a two way street it's not the best in the world and part of it is the vets who abuse it for the travel pay. Most appointments can be months out due to vets who stack appointments everyday to claim travel pay.
Duck_Happy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:39 am

Duck_Happy wrote:I get benefits for the multiple tours had no say in what that retarded drop out shrink had to say. I still work dont see why anyone under 60 wouldn't want to, being on a set income would suck. I still own guns and wouldn't give them up. The va is a two way street it's not the best in the world and part of it is the vets who abuse it for the travel pay. Most appointments can be months out due to vets who stack appointments everyday to claim travel pay.

And you should be as able to purchase, possess, or own a firearm as anyone on the planet. It's the guys that say "Man, I am too F'ed up in the head to do any kind of work, but let me borrow your gun, would ya?" that are being addressed.
For some reason I went straight to Duane (Cristopher Walken) driving Alvy and Annie to the airport in "Annie Hall". :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:It's pretty obvious. Veterans are coming home and claiming disability for their mental condition as a result of PTSD or a similar diagnosis. The Fed's are saying "You are claiming that you are not mentally fit to hold a job, but you don't want that to get in your way of possessing a firearm."

This pretty spot on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 am

No response, scaup? This issue came up previously and you went all Tasmanian Devil on taking gun rights away from veterans with PTSD. Now you're strangely silent. It appears that you have encountered a quandary........as much as you would like to lambaste me with my views, those whose opinion you depend on for inclusion into the "club" have agreed with me.
Shows to go ya......dogmatic jingoism can only carry you so far.....then you're on your own. So that you can relate to it.....imagine mom saying it's time to move out of the basement and fend for yourself! :eek:
Inda, your outrage seems to have subsided a bit also, I might add, considering you were the original poster of this travesty of justice of the Obama Administration. Don't you just hate fireworks when you light the fuse, stand back.......and the fuse, with not even a forlorn whisper, just fades out in humble submission of its failed promise? Ah well, hope springs eternal. "hand me another'n of them "Star Spangled Banner" ex-tra-va-ganza cones, dawane!"
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:13 am

GJ just when you started to make some sense and there was a bit of hope that you might fit in you go and pick up that sharp stick and start poking around.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:21 am

I talked to a couple of people at the VA. You have to be way out on the edge before you get one of these letters. It's almost to a T what GJ said.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:30 am

And the way I read it, simply having a diagnosis of PTSD and/or not being able to work is not enough for the judgement of incompetency. It specifically states that you have to be so crazy that you cannot even handle your VA disability check yourself. Only THAT would lead to this letter. If you're so batshit crazy that you can't handle cashing a check, then you most certainly should not have a gun.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:41 am

La. Hunter wrote:

X2

X3... did hell just freeze over?
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:00 am

Yes. Maryland has been below 32 degrees since Monday afternoon.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:12 am

assateague wrote:Yes. Maryland has been below 32 degrees since Monday afternoon.

:lol3: :lol3:

At least you don't have to worry about the rain tax for awhile.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:33 am

Glimmerjim wrote:No response, scaup? This issue came up previously and you went all Tasmanian Devil on taking gun rights away from veterans with PTSD. Now you're strangely silent. It appears that you have encountered a quandary........as much as you would like to lambaste me with my views, those whose opinion you depend on for inclusion into the "club" have agreed with me.
Shows to go ya......dogmatic jingoism can only carry you so far.....then you're on your own. So that you can relate to it.....imagine mom saying it's time to move out of the basement and fend for yourself! :eek:
Inda, your outrage seems to have subsided a bit also, I might add, considering you were the original poster of this travesty of justice of the Obama Administration. Don't you just hate fireworks when you light the fuse, stand back.......and the fuse, with not even a forlorn whisper, just fades out in humble submission of its failed promise? Ah well, hope springs eternal. "hand me another'n of them "Star Spangled Banner" ex-tra-va-ganza cones, dawane!"

Actually your post wasn't note worthy or of any import. I researched this prior to it being posted here. The folks who are found mentally deficient by a Doctorate of Psychology are actually unable to take care of themselves. That is simple fact and not something to argue about. The real problem is this administration will attempt to make it creep to others if they can. When that occurs I will re-engage

Your points have been weighed, they have been measured, and they have been found wanting. :devil:
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:12 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:GJ just when you started to make some sense and there was a bit of hope that you might fit in you go and pick up that sharp stick and start poking around.

I do it so seldom that I want to make sure it's etched in everyone's mind, OG! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:No response, scaup? This issue came up previously and you went all Tasmanian Devil on taking gun rights away from veterans with PTSD.
I'll give a note of caution. What other rights should you lose without being convicted in a court of law? While if what you said is what is happening, I agree, but you also need to acknowledge that we are in dangerous territory when the government is punishing you without having convicted you.

And once the person is competent, their rights should instantly be restored. Is that happening?

We just need to remember this is out there on the thin ice and needs to be watched very carefully. It is a whole lot of power being consolidated into the hands of a few. While necessary, it needs to be watched carefully, particularly in an area where people have a clear agenda.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Anyone catch the irony between this policy and with Fast and furious? :sarcmark:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:33 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:No response, scaup? This issue came up previously and you went all Tasmanian Devil on taking gun rights away from veterans with PTSD.
I'll give a note of caution. What other rights should you lose without being convicted in a court of law? While if what you said is what is happening, I agree, but you also need to acknowledge that we are in dangerous territory when the government is punishing you without having convicted you.

And once the person is competent, their rights should instantly be restored. Is that happening?

We just need to remember this is out there on the thin ice and needs to be watched very carefully. It is a whole lot of power being consolidated into the hands of a few. While necessary, it needs to be watched carefully, particularly in an area where people have a clear agenda.

Do you mean like the right to keep and bear arms when accused of domestic violence without conviction? That would be one that has already happened.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:47 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Do you mean like the right to keep and bear arms when accused of domestic violence without conviction? That would be one that has already happened.

That and many others. Restraining orders is a big one. You shouldn't lose any rights if you choose not to fight a restraining order. What if she is truly a crazy bitch, the restraining order keeps her away from you as well. Why be forced to fight it in court something that benefits you in order to keep your right to have your guns? Restraining orders happen in a lot of divorces and some states as I understand it take your right to have guns if you have a restraining order against you.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole